Momentus seeks a Mechanical Analyst who can work hard with high productivity in a close-knit team to rapidly detail the mechanical design of space flight systems and perform mechanical, structural, and dynamic analysis of space flight systems. Candidates will compete for this position on the basis of the following qualifications:
· 2-7 years of experience in mechanical design and analysis depending on education level, training, and proven ability.
· Aerospace experience working with flight hardware is preferred but experience in other high-reliability industries (automotive, aircraft, navel engineering, oil & gas, etc) is acceptable.
· Structural sizing hand calcs
· Structural finite element analysis tools (Ansys, FEMAP, NASTRAN preferred)
· CAD modeling (Solidworks preferred)
· Part and assembly drawings using ANSI Y14.5 GD&T
· Test setup and supervision for vibe & shock
· BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a closely related discipline
· MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.