In this role at Moltin you will strive to empower frontend developers by making it easy to get started with our APIs no matter the level of experience a developer has. You will be responsible for creating additional products, tooling and supporting the ecosystem that surrounds our suite of APIs. This includes open source SDKs, helpful examples, robust documentation and tutorials and will feedback to product roadmap and the developer onboarding experience. You will ensure our product delivers on the promise that Moltin is the service that teams can rely on to build seamless commerce-enabled applications across a range of devices and use cases.
- Creation and support of a diverse range of full featured example applications.
- Tool creation including SDKs and code snippets for developers.
- Produce accurate, concise mobile tutorials and guides for other developers to easily follow to become empowered by our suite of APIs.
- Handle and resolve frontend implementation queries through to post-go-live support issues for customers with production applications that fall under your area of expertise.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to define and deliver content strategy for use case driven campaigns.
- Assisting with the design, build and delivery of the developer onboarding experience.
- Share feedback to core product team to assist with the direction to product roadmap.
- Evangelist, be the spokesperson for the wide range of diverse applications that Moltin can power; both internally within our organisation but also externally with other developer communities and customers.
- Empathetic and patient — The ability to put yourself in the developers’ or customers’ shoes and deeply understand the problems they face.
- Technically credible — Developers want to talk to other developers. There’s no replacement for strong programming fundamentals.
- Creative problem solver — Ability to execute and find answers to a wide range and type of customer problems.
- Inquisitive — Willingness to always be learning, acquiring new skills and technology stacks.
As a full-time frontend engineer at Moltin you will be expected to do the following comfortably:
- Pick-up and learn new concepts, in both engineering and product, and be able to apply that knowledge quickly.
- Develop, create and support tooling, reference applications, code examples for the ecosystem of use cases surrounding our core APIs.
- Ability to work well in a small team and to be ready to take the lead or be autonomous on projects when required.
- Lead and take the team into new directions that will improve our technology, product, and developer experience.
- Collaboratively create and deliver on our use case driven adoption strategy.
- Feedback to product management, CTO and other executives for frontend strategy and product roadmap.
- Great communicator, both written and verbal.
- Have a clear understanding of APIs and micro-services.
- Have experience of working with APIs and API documentation.
- A passion for writing, helping others learn and a keen eye for detail.
- Obsession with helping customers to succeed.
- Analytical and data driven approach.
Nice to haves
- Technical degree or computer science background.
- Basic knowledge of eCommerce features, functionality other platforms, third-party tools, such as channel partners, accountancy software and payment gateways is a plus.
- Experience of technical writing and/or producing engaging, tutorials and guides, blog posts and white papers aimed at a frontend developer audience.
- Experience with a range of frameworks and techniques.
- Well connected in other developer communities.
- Strong online presence (e.g active Twitter user, blog posts).
- Have experience of presenting content at various developer-focused talks and meetups.
Benefits of working at Moltin
- Be part of a fast-growing, venture-backed startup.
- Working as part of an international team.
- Work in an open environment, with full transparency in all aspects.
- Ability to contribute to and create open source projects.
- Office snacks and refreshments.
- Moltin SWAG.