VP of Engineering
Moltin is looking for a VP of Engineering.
Moltin is re-envisioning what the future of commerce can be with simple and powerful eCommerce API’s. We’re heavily developer focused, and we’re looking for an exciting individual who can join our team to help build out the practices of a high-performing engineering organisation.
We’re excited for someone who wants to bring their own ideas for how a team can grow and scale, with heavy emphasis on a person who is a self-starter, broad thinker and strategic planner with excellent analytical skills.
You’ll have a lot of autonomy to insititute your vision, and get to work with a fantastic and close-knit product and engineering team.
Team & HR:
Make the Engineering Teams an amazing place to work and grow within at moltin.
- Continue to help build out the Engineering team; Identify gaps and deficiencies and define the role specs for all positions.
- Manage review systems and growth for all individuals in the entire engineering organisation.
- Maintain a consistent hiring pipeline.
- Work with the team to build a great environment to work in.
Good technical knowledge in the market, but with an emphasis on understanding how to push problems down into our technical leads and teams to surface solutions.
- Keep current with industry trends; research latest relevant technologies, papers, patents and presentations/talks.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the key technology components required by the Moltin
- Work with the team to shape the partnership agreements, from LOI through to final legal contracts with associated SLAs.
Build and equip the Engineering Teams to maintain a standard of high quality software, and production operations.
- Work with the CTO and Product organisation to ensure an appropriate engineering group structure to ensure effective development and delivery of the product roadmap.
- Contribute to high level technical reviews of new feature/product proposals.
- Contribute to the architecture review board process internally.
- Work with the team to allocate on-call engineers to a PagerDuty rota and manage that rota.
- Highlight important engineering investments that must be made to address tech debt, mitigate out of hours incidents, or deliver a competitive position in the market.
- Identify areas where additional investment is required (e.g. accelerated hiring, outsourcing, bonus schemes) and work with the finance team to update the budgets.
Ensure effective communication across the various groups working in Product, Product Management and Engineering.
- Work to implement a data driven product development function where the effectiveness of the roadmap can be measured in terms of real customer value delivered. Develop KPIs to track this value to allow reporting to the company and board.
- Ensure good communications with Product Management group; in particular work with CTO and Lead Tech’s to ensure a working and agile process around feature specification and definition and to ensure clarity of what is a priority and what is being Developed.
- Manage large or key customer tech due diligence processes, from load tests to functionality tests, identifying any risks and ensuring these are surfaced to the sales teams.
- Contribute to strategic or large customer contracts, defining SLAs or other technical requirements and ensuring alignment with Moltin’s capabilities and processes. In particular keep close to issues relating to privacy, data security, platform terms of service and IP.
The role is based in Newcastle (UK) and will require constant engagement with Moltin teams based in Newcastle (UK), Boston (US) and other locations.
- 5+ years experience in technology management. Demonstrated experience with lean product development and management.
- Proven experience developing innovative solutions to complex and cutting edge technology challenges.
- Managing large teams with geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to nurture and develop a growing engineering team with Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience establishing development processes that foster high-quality, reliable and maintainable software systems and enforcing them throughout the development organization.