Our client; a premier FinTech company is looking for a highly motivated, self-starting individual who is a strong team player, willing to assist team members whenever possible, yet also capable of working independently to solve problems. The right candidate will work with a small team of 3–4 other people to develop, optimize, and maintain a data warehouse to support client-server reporting solutions with Microsoft SQL Management Studio. A successful candidate will be very comfortable working with multiple data sources and various ETL tools. An ideal candidate will enjoy finding new and better ways to process, store, and retrieve data while remaining dedicated to preserving the quality and completeness of the data being handled.
The target salary range is open as we would like to see all qualified resumes. On-site role, local candidates strongly preferred, no relocation assistance is available. No sponsorship or third-party arrangements are available.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of data models which align the data warehouse to business needs and requirements
- Design and development of extract, transform, and load (ETL) data flow processes and frameworks including data extraction from source systems to staging, relational, and dimensional databases using SQL 2012/2016
- Design SSIS Packages for data movement and processes between different systems/servers/applications
- Maintain a high level of data quality through ongoing analysis and auditing of all data used in reporting and work with internal customers to ensure timely resolution of data issues
- Work closely with other SQL Developers, BI Developers, and Business Analysts to create and convert business requirements into executable/actionable work items
- Optimize processes involving large data sets to improve performance
- Document designs, solutions, configurations, and teach/mentor other support tiers and team members including onboarding and knowledge transfer
- Interface with Associates from all departments within Plain Green, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of Data Management
- Prioritize and manage development tasks
- Review your strengths and opportunities as they relate to your competencies, and work with your manager to choose an area of developmental focus on an annual basis
- Provide Data Warehouse support during off hours on a scheduled basis
- 3-5 years Microsoft database environment development including Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2-3 years data warehouse development experience with Fact-Dimension structure
- Advanced experience with SQL Server (2012/2014/2016), including T-SQL, SSIS, SQL Agent, functions, indexes, normalization, schemas, stored procedures, and triggers
- High level of experience
- Experience or ability to write technical writing specs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Familiarity with SSRS, Tableau or similar report rapid development tools
- Experience with C#
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowing where to look and seeing the big picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Effectively communicate with team members, stakeholders, and other associates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including SharePoint, OneNote, Visio, Excel
- Web application back-end database experience a plus
- Some travel required
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY ARE REQUIRED AND STRICTLY ENFORCED – APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT PROVIDED BY OUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT.
***ALL NEW HIRES ARE SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING & BACKGROUND CHECKS. APPLICANTS WITH POSITIVE DRUG SCREEN RESULTS AND/OR NEGATIVE BACKGROUND CHECKS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Building upon more than ten thousand successful placements and decades of unparalleled success in the financial services and legal sectors, MOGEL represents the next generation of Strategic Professional Recruiting and Advisory Services. We've engineered a more efficient model. It's powered by the latest technology and tools, but grounded in Best Practices and core values that are nothing less than Old School in the right ways for the right reasons.
From Retained or Contingency Search, needs driven by Mergers and Acquisitions, a full range of Interim and Temporary solutions, and customized Candidate Representation and guidance, at MOGEL we're committed to doing it right and doing it better. At our core are relationships characterized by doing whatever it takes to ensure success and satisfaction.
MOGEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MOGEL does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.