Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
We are looking for a Tech Lead to provide technical leadership for our dynamic and growing team in the design, development and maintenance of our products in a flat, agile environment. The tech lead is expected to oversee all technical matters companywide and manage our technology support team. You will work collaboratively with the development team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient and timely manner while actively participate in creating a great culture of continuous learning and value maximization for the tech team.
- Conduct interviews and train new technical support staff
- Provide guidance and insight to upper management
- Report progress, including any changes made to plans and production
- Contribute to product design and establishment of requirements
- Delegate technical responsibilities and monitor the progress of projects
- Deliver products consistently, on time, and on budget
- Oversee user testing and report results—adjust requirements as needed
- Work closely with project manager/product manager during all phases of the development lifecycle
- Review all work produced by the development team
- Ensure code produced meets company standards
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Software Engineering field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in leading cross teams.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methods and Agile technical practices.
- A full-stack experience in backend and frontend (web or mobile)
- Strong knowledge on continuous integration, continuous deployment and dev-ops
- Extensive Experience with Unit Testing and integration testing.
- Experience with one or more cloud services like AWS, GCP, Digitalocean, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with setting up and using static code analysis tools.
- Extensive Experience with GitHub and GitFlow
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience in code reviewing for cross teams.