Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
Development & Implementation
Participate in developing new products based on design assets provided by our creative team. You will collaborate with our user experience designers and product managers on desired app interactions, animations, and overall user functionality
Work with our other mobile and web developers on building out proper product architecture as well as creating any necessary API's.
Product Life Cycle
An understanding and ability to use agile methodologies in defining weekly sprints and iteratively building products.
Evaluate and test potential new projects for quality, consistency, and functionality.
Provide technical support for new and existing applications.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DigitalOcean 2+ years experience with using droplet management and networking settings.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and
- application deployment issues.
- Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project
- management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN and GitHub.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and
- services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).