Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX designer to create delightful interfaces and experiences. The ideal candidate should showcase a portfolio of clean, well structured and coherent designs, with an elegant relationship between the design elements in the composition, a clear structure of importance of CTAs, product sections and an easy to follow flow. We are looking for someone that clearly understands product needs, visual hierarchy can create wireframes, user journeys, and flows and translate wireframes and types of CTAs into a clean and clear interface for the end user. Are you an advocate for user needs and simplicity? Show us.
Needs to have experience with:
- Overflow or other tools for mapping out experiences
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Interface design tools
- Prototyping tools
- Please specify your tools of preference in both the design and prototype categories.
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how products function and look like
- Ability to deliver design specs to developers
- Experience designing for both web and mobile
- Branding & Styleguides
- Preparing and presenting designs (rough drafts to hi-fi) to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhering to style standards on layouts, fonts, colors, and images
- Conducting user testing
- UX writing
- working on multiple iterations of a product as well as delivering a product with all the specs needed for the internal team to take over
- receiving and providing direct feedback
- working on multiple projects
- having ownership of the user flows for the project
- having ownership of visual design over the project
- Visual hierarchy
- Articulating design decisions
- Communication with peers
- Requesting and applying feedback
- Methodical and organized
- Great attention to details
- User advocate
- Simplicity lover
- Psychology reader – what was your favorite book on user experience, research or psychology?
Please submit a link to you portfolio or some of your work with your application.