Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
We are looking for Program Director who has at least 3-5 years of entrepreneurial experience either as a founder or on the management team of a startup. Someone who is also experienced in managing and coaching people, as well as leading a team. People describe this person as visionary, a good coach, enthusiastic, a go-getter, hardworking, has a getting-stuff-done attitude, sharp, and direct.
She or he has knowledge on the developments within various MENA technology sectors, especially where sectors meet to create validated, scalable and disruptive new digital businesses. This knowledge should extend to the latest trends within digital medicine, financial & regulatory technology, predictive analytics, D2C products/services/facilitators, artificial intelligence, b2b, and b2c SaaS/PaaS.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has recently built or been part of building a digital company, understands the relationship between product, business strategy, and all the other supporting facets within an early to mid-stage company, and has a good understanding of technology and the MENA entrepreneurial ecosystem. She/he could have potentially started as a founder, and later gained experience as a leader in her/his own company. Ideal candidates have raised funding in several rounds and have ended the most recent startup journey by having their business acquired or successfully excited in other ways. She/he has a deep understanding of how a company works, taking it from ideation to exit, and has excellent communication skills in English. Experience as an early stage investor is a big plus.
- Drive, adjust design, launch and manage Modus Capital incubator campaigns and programs.
- Engaging with and managing the existing community of mentors, experts, operational teams, and investors;
- Coaching the startups in the program on a daily basis helping drive strategic direction;
- Organizing and facilitating sessions and overseeing daily operations of the program;
- Managing and maintaining relationships with different stakeholders;
- Inspiring and managing a team of (international) professionals;
- Weekly coaching of the startups to ensure they progress on the right milestones;
- Provide regular reporting on cohort progress to the investment committee with comprehensive analysis and metrics.
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Have a getting-stuff-done attitude - The program is equally intense for the Modus team as it is for the startup, with several deliverables - you must know how to master your to-do list and priorities;
- Good Coach - Using your deep insights of the tech world and your experience, you should help startups shape their business. You must be a people's person for this one;
- Go Getter - Some of the goals of the program and the startups can be tough, you must leave no stone unturned to achieve these goals;
- Visionary - You must be able to help startups with their product that helps them disrupt their industry and also better the existing program;
- Sharp & Direct - You should be sharp to know what is fluff and to call it straight out and give advice that matters and helps.
- Experience as an early stage/angel investor;
- We would love our employees to bring something extra to the table, so we encourage you to mention in your motivation any special knowledge or experience that in your opinion is very valuable for Modus;
- You have lived and/or done business in different cultures.