Meddy’s mission is to help patients make informed health decisions. We are building a future where access to healthcare information is easy and convenient. We are creating the best place to build products to democratize healthcare information in the region.
We’re seeking exceptional engineers to join our team, builders who love to take ownership and get excited about the prospect of building applications and features end-to-end.
Our backend application is written in Django 2.1 using Python 3.6 hosted on AWS. Our web app is written in AngularJS and we have plans of creating native mobile applications. We store data in PostgreSQL on RDS, Elasticsearch, and Redis. You can read more about it on our blog
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain API integrations with various clinic software and partners to enhance the patient experience.
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing.
- Build and maintain APIs for mobile and web applications.
- Participate in code design and code reviews.
- Find and address performance issues within the application.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of industry experience developing applications in Python.
- You have developed and deployed Python applications to production.
- You have a good grasp of DevOps processes.
- You have an excellent ability to understand and apply software design patterns.
- You are fluent in English. Arabic would be a plus.
- You can communicate very clearly to technical and nontechnical team members.
What you must know
It’s a plus if you know
- AWS: EC2, RDS, ELB
What we offer
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to play an essential role in an early-stage startup on a high-growth trajectory.
- A small team of hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals that will help you learn, grow and have a great experience.