Design sits at the center of everything we do at Modern Fertility. As the design leader, you will redefine how women think about–and experience–healthcare. This is an opportunity to put on every design hat you own (and more) to not only to build a product that empowers women to make decisions about their health and family planning. You’ll be an early design hire and the foundational design member of the original, core Modern Fertility team. You will set the standard for years of design-centric excellence at Modern Fertility.
You will work closely with our founders and engineers to build a user experience that transforms fertility confusion into organized information–and you’ll design extraordinary ways to share it with people everywhere. You’ll be researching and executing your vision from the ground up and your aesthetic stamp will be on everything that Modern Fertility does.
We’re looking for an exceptional communicator with strong interpersonal and creative instincts with the poise to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a startup.
- You’ll lead design (UX + visual) of all Modern Fertility products and outward communication from ideation to execution.
- You’ll be responsible for shaping Modern Fertility’s user experience within the Modern Fertility product–designing experiences that help women get their results, seamlessly find information, and connect with one another.
- You will build a system-wide design language for the Modern Fertility product ecosystem designing flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for features that serve our customers.
- You will operate as equal parts product and communications designer and you’ll also be responsible for designing the collateral that Modern Fertility puts out into the world.
- You’ll work closely with every member of the Modern Fertility team to bring your vision to life.
What gets us excited:
- You have startup experience as a visual + UX designer and you are an expert in user experience, interactive, and communications design.
- You are skilled with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools.
- You’ve been through the lifecycle of building products several times–developing thoughtful, research-driven design for desktop and mobile applications. You love launching V1 products.
- You know the ins and outs of best-in-class user experience and you’ve got a knack for everything from site design to social campaigns.
- You have a killer portfolio with game-changing work that showcases a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design (please include link to online portfolio).
- You want to build and own a product and the experience around it. When you see a challenge that means something to you–you take the reins and tackle it.
- You welcome feedback and love to learn. You get energy from working closely with a team and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where things change minute by minute.
- You have great perseverance and an iron-clad work ethic. You roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- You’re passionate about women’s health and you want to do something about it.