Modern Electron is a start-up company dedicated to generating cheap, modular, and reliable electricity for all. Expensive mechanical engines and turbines based on 19th-century technology still generate the majority of the power used worldwide. We seek to replace them with paper-thin heat-to-electricity generators. >$20MM venture capital is committed to our vision. We have enormous potential for learning, impact, and growth in a small and collaborative team setting. We value our ability to move fast to outpace larger companies and achieve what they cannot.
- Develop and mentor engineering team members to enhance their skills and expertise
- Lead and plan the short- and long term activities of engineering team
- Identify and promote opportunities and lead activities to grow the team size and ensure sufficient resources are available to achieve all the engineering team and Modern Electron milestones
Technical program management:
- Lead technical programs (& oversee program budgets) to develop products that meet specifications
- Lead design, manufacturing, testing (laboratory and field/pilot tests), and deployment of products for thermionic power generation
- Direct the engineering analysis of component and system performance in operation and testing, fault diagnosis and failure analysis
- Identify, evaluate, select, and manage external contractors for supply of components and outsourcing activities
- Partner with the R&D and Business Development teams as well as external partners to ensure technical specifications meet product and market requirements
- Support the engineering analysis to optimize the cost-performance ratio of products
- Identify, establish, and maintain external relationships to accelerate R&D, product development, and deployment.
- With the leadership team, set company and organization strategy
- Promote and exemplify company values
- B.S. and 8+ years of people management and project/program management for NPI/NPD in hardware, with prior experience as an engineer
- Technical background in mechanical engineering/combustion, energy systems, or similar
- Experience leading and participating in joint development programs with large market-leading companies
- Experience with energy, HVAC, or aerospace systems
- Experience at both big and small/startup companies
- MS or PhD in mechanical engineering or combustion
We are an equal opportunity employer.