Modern Electron has an immediate opening for a Semiconductor Process Technician who will support the process development and optimization of our team’s vacuum electronic devices. You will operate semiconductor etch, deposition, lithography, and metrology equipment, will collect data, and will write reports. You will interface primarily with electrical engineers and materials scientists.
In this role, you will run wafer lots with existing processes, run wafer splits on experimental designs, and run wafers for designed experiments on individual processes. You will perform metrology to characterize and perfect fabrication processes, write reports, and work with our team to further develop documentation and methodologies. You may also drive sustaining activities and/or support vendor relationships.
You will receive detailed instructions on non-routine work, but will also be encouraged to develop independence in executing tasks with which you show aptitude and enthusiasm. The successful candidate will exhibit strong attention to detail in process execution and documentation.
Modern Electron is a start-up company dedicated to generating cheap, modular, and reliable electricity for all. Expensive mechanical engines and turbines based on 19th-century technology still generate the majority of the power used worldwide. We seek to replace them with paper thin heat-to-electricity generators. >$20MM venture capital is committed to our vision. We have enormous potential for learning, impact, and growth in a small and collaborative team setting. We’re looking for well-rounded colleagues who are self-motivated, dedicated, meticulous, and take pride in quality work.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor manufacturing processes: dry etch (RIE, ICP-RIE), thin film deposition (sputter, CVD, evaporation), lithography (stepper, contact photolithography), and wet etch
- Hands-on experience with metrology: scanning electron microscopy (SEM), optical microscopy, profilometry, and ellipsometry
- Active listening, impeccably clear written and verbal communication, and meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of organization, initiative, judgment, and motivation
- 2+ years of experience handling wafers and running semiconductor tools in support of process development
- You are able to work in a clean room environment, wearing a cleanroom suit, hood, booties, safety glasses and gloves. You are able to spend the majority of time on the floor processing wafers in progress, which includes walking moderate distances, and/or standing/sitting in the cleanroom for extended periods of time
We are an equal opportunity employer