Join Our Team!
As Mission’s Platform Manager you will be on the leading edge of public cloud, and leveraging new technologies across a broad customer base. You will directly influence the technology vision of a fast-growing, exciting startup, with the opportunity to set direction and try new things. You will be responsible for the roadmap and product life cycle of Mission’s internal technical platform. The technical platform includes all technologies, internal and external, that are used by Mission to deliver managed services and professional services to our customers. The Platform Manager will work closely with their customer, the Service Delivery team, to understand their priorities and problems, and will then create a roadmap that will address those issues. The primary goal of Mission’s platform is to accelerate the delivery of quality services to our customers and to create a feature set that can be built upon by future product teams.
In order to define the roadmap for the platform, the Platform Manager will need to spend time researching and testing available technologies, both commercial and open-source, that could be leveraged by Mission’s platform. Examples include configuration management, infrastructure as code, governance automation, log aggregation, etc. As such, the Platform Manager will need to have a broad technical skillset and a passion for not only defining the platform but for helping to build the platform in concert with the Platform Engineering team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with wicked smart engineers to build out automation and intelligence, and solving complex problems.
- Deliver detailed reports on specific technologies to help drive decisions. Examples include cost optimization tools, configuration management tools, log aggregation tools, etc.
- Consistently maintain a set of key metrics that drive decisions, created in concert with the Service Delivery team.
- Consistently maintaining roadmap, including a backlog of prioritized work, and detailed justification based upon the key metrics.
- Develop Sprint plans in concert with the Platform Engineers.
- Maintain broad technical expertise, with the ability to be a contributor to the platform itself.
- Work with third parties to assess licensing opportunities.
- Be an expert with respect to the latest technologies for cloud services and service delivery.
- Act as a leader on the Platform team, generating excitement and helping cultivate a culture of curiosity and continuous improvement.
- Actively seek opportunities to learn more about the AWS platform and ecosystem, and earn several AWS certifications within the first 12 months.
- Continuously track all major public cloud platforms to prepare for an eventual multi-cloud future for Mission.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 5+ years’ experience in related positions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, or applicable career experience.
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Powershell, and BASH.
- Strong understanding of AWS and DevOps technologies.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate technical needs to the Engineering team.
If you are ready to embark on your greatest mission yet, please apply to join us on our mission to make the impossible possible!
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments. Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.
We believe Mission’s people are what truly sets us apart. We have hubs in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston that are interactive and collaborative, but we also give our employees the freedom to work remotely when they want or need to. We live by a core set of values that includes a commitment to work-life balance, with the belief that having fun and being productive can go hand in hand.
We are united by a core set of values guiding us to strive for excellence, embrace life, take ownership, practice inclusion, and foster a growth mindset. We seek out new ways to be better, do better, and serve our customers better.
At Mission we Embrace Life at work, at home, and in our communities. To help our team members life this value we provide the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with matching by Mission
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Generous Paid Time Off (FlexPTO with no accrual limits, Parental Leave, Volunteering Time Off)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Work Environment
- Snack Program
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.