Summary and Reporting Structure
MINT dentistry is seeking a Systems Administrator who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with many challenging and exciting IT projects on the roadmap.
Reporting to the IT Manager, this position is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining the Company’s server and IT Service infrastructure – both data center and on-premise hosted.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of five years Windows and Microsoft technology systems administration experience with proven results, preferably in a fast-paced enterprise environment. Must be a proactive, forward thinker, with exceptional people skills and excellent communication skills (oral/written), and the ability to collaborate closely with other IT team members. Must also possess the ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations and manage difficult technology situations in a professional and timely manner.
This position is based in Dallas, Texas; however, it will require going onsite to any of our DFW locations, corporate offices, data center(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
● Works with the IT Manager to support 50+ Windows 2012, 2016 servers, both On-Prem and Data Center based
● Manage the corporate Active Directory instances supporting a user base of 1000+ users at 50+ physical locations
● Configure and deploy new servers
● Plan and execute server and software updates and patches
● Work with Application Support personnel to performance tune servers and software
● Manage, update, tune, and respond to monitoring platform
● Work with the IT Manager to create strategic IT roadmap
● Work with the IT Manager and the Network Infrastructure Director to create, update, test, and execute DR/BCP plan
● Work with the IT Manager to see projects through to completion with minimal oversight
● Monitor and Execute server maintenance and replacement cycle plans
● Participate in on-call rotation, take work tickets from the ticket system
● Perform maintenance after-hours and on weekends
● Utilize network monitoring platform to resolve system issues proactively
● Create weekly progress reports, issue follow-up
● Travel to Mint Dentistry sites within the DFW and Houston metro's occasionally (some travel required.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field, or equivalent, and MCSE or related Certifications
● Minimum of five years directly related experience with a proven track record in systems administration
● Strong prioritization, time management, organization and project management skills
● Excellent documentation capability required
● Expert Ability to solve problems quickly, accurately, and independently
● Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment
● Security-Minded – always keeping data security and data integrity in mind
● Positive attitude to be always maintained in person and over the phone
● Proficient in Microsoft technologies and Microsoft technology enterprise environments
● Proficient in diagnosing and resolving complex technology issues promptly
● Experience with SAN, Clustering, and Hyper-V
● Experience configuring server hardware in cluster configuration - pairing network links, SAN links, etc.
● Good understanding of network technologies and network/server interactions
● Experience diagnosing network/server related issues
● Familiar with Dell Servers, Components, and Support Structure
● Proficient in Active Directory – Planning, Setup, Implementation
Additional Experience a Plus:
● HIPAA environment experience
● Scripting and automation experience
● Virtual Machine setup, configuration, operation experience
● Experience with MySQL
Working Environment and Physical Demands
Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, and bending, stooping, lifting and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, copier, phone, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to perform systems administration duties and interact with external vendors and internal staff. May occasionally require an extended period of standing, stooping, lifting and stretching.
Work Environment: Typical office environment. Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time. Must handle unique and diverse work problems daily. Must be able to communicate professionally when providing verbal feedback. Must be able to analyze the causes of interpersonal conflict and resolve complex communications issues (i.e., undefined roles, objectives, and information gaps). Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations. Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and conflicting and possibly confusing changes in assignment.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Systems Administrator