About the Company:
MINT dentistry is a group of luxury dental offices whose brand is rapidly growing in the DFW and Houston areas. We need employees with great personalities and committed work ethic who value servant-leadership!
Our offices are state-of-the-art. They are outfitted with all electric hand-pieces in every op, massage dental chairs, digital x-ray units and digital panoramic x-ray machines. Each office is a relaxing haven for every patient, using entertainment technologies such as flat screen televisions, Beats headphones, tablet computers, and even cell phone charging stations! These patient comforts go hand-in-hand with the 5 star hotel setting that is every MINT dentistry office.
And for our beloved employees we offer a generous total compensation package that includes above market pay for an Office Manager plus bonus, group medical (health and vision) insurance plans with almost zero employee contribution, an internal dental plan that includes cosmetic work, 401k retirement plans, disability, life insurance, teledoc, Family Medical Leave, bereavement leave, an employee assistance program, and paid time off.
About the position:
Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), the Total Rewards Manager is responsible for all things related to processing payroll, compensation design and management, including conducting compensation studies, developing pay grades and maintaining a framework that is both externally competitive and internally equitable. The successful incumbent will ensure our payroll system is maintain at a best-in-class level by managing the vendor relationship in a mutually-beneficial fashion. The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for researching, presenting, developing and managing benefits in a manner that will help earn Mint Dentistry a Best Place to Work status in all operational markets. They are also the liaison to all compensation and benefit regulatory agencies. This is an office-based position, with periodical field visits, requiring the incumbent to sit for extended periods, operate general office equipment, and may have to lift office equipment and/or supplies, not to exceed 25 lbs. Mint Dentistry is an equal opportunity employer and will consider reasonable accommodations for applicants or employees to execute the essential functions and summary of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embed Mint Dentistry’s values of Love, Perfection and Generosity into all essential functions, interactions and deliverables.
- With a high level of accuracy and minimal supervisor input, process and execute payroll in a timely fashion, according to our pay date policy, to include working with employees to keep their information up-to-date; generate Employee Self Service access so staff can manage their payroll and benefits profiles; organize and execute payroll; manage deductions for garnishments, uniforms, and lab work; manage and audit bonuses (Office, Doctors, Smile More Club) and allowances (travel/gas, in a timely fashion in accordance with policy and statutes); manage direct deposit creation and updates; perform audits and spot checks to payroll distributions to ensure accuracy; work with accounts payable staff to repay or recreate outstanding, lost, or uncashed checks; assist employees with wage verification; manage and organize mailing and contact information of staff whose checks return undelivered, and work to deliver their check to them; complete biweekly earnings report.
- Manage the organization’s benefits: health, dental, vision, and PTO; function as liaison between company and benefits provider; work with benefits provider and company Management to ensure staff meets open enrollment deadlines; shop for and compare benefits providers as necessary. Proactively research and report to C-level a continual stream of ideas on benefits we could offer our employees to ensure Mint Dentistry earns and sustains a Best Place to Work status and we are able to retain employees at targeted rates.
- Organize staff records and payroll accounts, and oversee Management’s uploading of employee documents to the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) software; manage Personnel Actions Forms related to benefits and/or pay changes; work with company Management and perform regular audits to ensure each employees document checklist is complete and all records have been filed electronically; create and manage new forms as needed.
- Establish and maintain all new office Texas Workforce Commision (or related state agencies, with other appropriate states) accounts; act as point of contact for all unemployment/employment status and background inquiries; manage unemployment claims and work with Management to contest, as needed; Manage child support claims and related garnishments in accordance with timelines and standards set forth by related regulatory agencies; Report new hire and quarterly wages information, or as requested, to Attorney General or other regulatory agencies and to the CHRO.
- Maintain current competency levels with regard to software, technology, and best practices related as communicated by the Society of HR Management for SHRM-CP/SCP certification and WorldAtWork’s Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) standards.
- Develop content for and teach/train Mint Dentistry management team, as needed, on payroll and benefits systems, policies and protocols.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, such as participate in Field Day office visit, attend social functions, work with other functional experts to develop best practices within their areas, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in HR, Management, or other related field of study.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in HR.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with successful outcomes in payroll, compensation and/or benefits design and administration, to include participating in annual enrollment, answering employee compensation and benefits questions, and being the single point of contact, thereto, as well as working within a noted automated payroll and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-past, ambiguous and rapidly growing environment with evidence of designing and implementing scalable solutions.
- Working knowledge of government compliance (OSHA, HIPPA, FMLA, FSLA, ACA, ADA, etc.)
- Must have a "whatever it takes", self-starter mentality and work with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills, to include a demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts, tactfully resolve conflicts and influence decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver results with no-notice and quick turnarounds.
- Experience working in a team and collaborative environment.
And in case you were wondering, our working environment is like no other you have ever seen. We have created a true "utopia like" scenario that encourages healthy work relationships and growth paths to higher positions and compensation. All of our staff members are provided extensive training and a "MINT-Mentor" to make the transition to your new professional home a painless one.
If this Payroll and Benefits Manager position feels right for you, please apply and come see for yourself what being a MINT dentistry family member is like.
For expedited consideration, please submit resume.