About the Company:
MINT dentistry is a group of luxury dental offices whose brand is rapidly growing in the DFW and Houston areas. We need Doctors with great personalities and committed work ethic who value servant-leadership!
Our offices are state of the art. They are outfitted with all electric hand-pieces in every op, massage dental chairs, digital x-ray units and digital panoramic x-ray machines. Each office is a relaxing haven for every patient, using entertainment technologies such as flat screen televisions, beats head phones, tablet computers, and even cell phone charging stations! These patient comforts go hand in hand with the 5 star hotel setting that is every MINT dentistry office.
Summary and Reporting Structure
The Manager In-Training (MIT) is primarily responsible for serving patients and employees by completing all Manager training while assisting, learning from, and being developed by seasoned management staff in order to be placed in a management position. As a Manager-In-Training you will start learning the business of Mint Dentistry from day one while working within our offices throughout the metroplex. With a focus on five-star customer service and dentistry, you will be entrusted to serve as both the face of Mint to patients and a developing leader and operational expert to our employees. As a trainee, you will be held accountable to complete all structured courses and training events to master the knowledge, skills and competencies required to manage your own office. The MIT reports directly to the District Manager except while training in an office during which they report to the Office Manager. They also have a dotted-line reporting relationship with Office Managers while not working in their office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure the values of Love, Generosity and Perfection is embedded into all work.
- Learn and assist with monitoring, managing, and maintaining scheduling of patients to ensure schedules are fully booked optimizing maximum production.
- Learn and assist with insurance verification.
- Learn and assist with billing and collections.
- Learn and performs all treatment plan presentations for patients following “bottom-line” guidelines to maximize profitability, as required.
- Learn and assist Office Manager to monitor front desk staff to ensure all processing of patient paperwork and patient records are maintained according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Learn and assist the Office Manager in monitoring employee schedule changes to help balance the management of overtime with five-star customer service to our patients.
- Learn and assist Office Manager to monitor office expenses to keep spending under budgets.
- Learn and assist the Office Manager with conducting new employee interviews, performance plans and/or terminations.
- Participate in team building, marketing, sales or Mint promotion events, as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as directed or assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Passing score of MINT Management aptitude assessment
- Bachelor’s degree, 2 years of management/supervisory experience, 5 years of dental office leadership experience, or 2 years of MINT Treatment Coordinating experience with successful performance evaluation and supervisor recommendation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Strong customer service, retail, sales, or dental experience (including knowledge of dental codes, terminology, procedures, and dental insurance).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Apps preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work independently and manage time well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Displays leadership skills and behaviors that contribute to superior performance.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
This position requires swift movement throughout the office most of the time and occasional sitting with minimal exposure to the adverse working conditions of a typical dental office with xrays and needles present. The home office for this position could change throughout the week or even throughout the day so may require travel. It may occasionally require lifting up to 50 pounds, or to carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position requires the use of a computer with keyboard and screen, and a telephone. The Manager-In-Training must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Manager-In-Training and may be changed, without notice, Mint Dentistry.