About the Company:
MINT dentistry is a group of luxury dental offices whose brand is rapidly growing in the DFW and Houston areas. We need Doctors with great personalities and committed work ethic who value servant-leadership!
Our offices are state of the art. They are outfitted with all electric hand-pieces in every op, massage dental chairs, digital x-ray units and digital panoramic x-ray machines. Each office is a relaxing haven for every patient, using entertainment technologies such as flat screen televisions, beats head phones, tablet computers, and even cell phone charging stations! These patient comforts go hand in hand with the 5 star hotel setting that is every MINT dentistry office.
About the Position:
This job is for you if you are an experienced Dental Hygienist that truly enjoys serving patients and has a sincere desire to grow in the hygiene field. You will be provided many opportunities to develop your clinical skills as well as become exceptional in patient service.
The Dental Hygienist ( RDH ) is primarily responsible for performing high-quality and efficient hygiene procedures, and building and maintaining positive and professional relationships with patients, all while helping to maximize office production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide spectacular patient care and service with a friendly chair side manner
- Practice Servant Leadership; lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient
- Practice the standard of care of the State Board of Dentistry; follow rules and regulations of the Dental Practice Act
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create no patient wait time; help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient
- Educate patient on oral hygiene/health/disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care
- Comply with state and federal laws for chart documentation; follow OSHA guidelines on PPE and use standard precautions
- Verify patient health history (review basic health status, medications; understand impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patients chart
- Thoroughly and efficiently perform clinical hygiene functions including but not limited to exposing/processing/evaluating diagnostic X-rays, reviewing medical histories and recording blood pressure, adult/child prophylaxis, non-surgical periodontal therapy, associated adjunctive therapy and co-assessing treatments with doctor
- Learn and perform scripts to guide the patient through the appointment and curate the MINT experience
- Complete periodontal charting per guidelines
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Place locally applied antimicrobials
- Perform polishing
- Use intraoral camera
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Offer fluoride treatment to all patients
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patients chart
- Clean, sterilize, and prepare operatory and equipment per OSHA and company guidelines prior to patient appointment
- Assist other team members, including front office responsibilities
- Follow all OSHA and BBP (Blood borne Pathogen) federal guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dental Hygiene certification from accredited dental hygiene school; pass required regional or state licensing board examinations as applicable.
- Current hygiene license issued by state where employed
- Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Superior team work skills; strong ability to work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Good computer/dental software skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
And in case you were wondering our working environment for a Dental Hygienist is like no other dental office you have ever seen. We have created a true "utopia like" scenario that encourages healthy work relationships and growth paths to higher positions and compensation. All of our staff members are provided extensive training and a "MINT-Mentor" to make the transition to your new professional home a painless one. Together with ego-free doctors that encourage and appreciate your dedication and hard work, you will love your life.
If this Dental Hygienist position feels right for you, please apply and come see for yourself what being a MINT dentistry family member is like.
For expedited consideration, please submit resume.