About the Company:
MINT dentistry is a group of luxury dental offices whose brand is rapidly growing in the DFW and Houston areas. We need staff members with great personalities and committed work ethic!
Our dental offices are state of the art and outfitted with the latest in dental and comfort technology to create a relaxing haven for every patient.
And for our beloved employees we offer a generous total compensation package that includes above market pay for an Office Manager, group medical (health and vision) insurance plans with zero employee contribution, an internal dental plan that includes cosmetic work, 401k retirement plans, short and long term disability, life insurance, teledoc, Family Medical Leave, bereavement leave, an employee assistance program, and paid time off.
About the position:
The Project Superintendent’s responsibility is to supervise the field construction of projects and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the
performance of this function, it is the Project Superintendent’s responsibility to protect and promote. Dental Construction Specialists interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his duties and responsibilities which include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager.
- To assist the Project Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- To plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- To coordinate, direct, monitor, the technical coordinators, (project specific as required) inspect the activities of the Subcontractors and Suppliers..
- To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract and Schedule of Values.
- To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained..
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- To receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports (may be via phone) of work done and labor and material employed. To review and approve, on a weekly basis, all as-built prints.
- To report to the Project Manager Subcontractors progress so he can process for payment.
- To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
- Install trim and accessories in projects as needed.
- Assist in maintenance work on current Mint offices as needed and when limited project supervision is needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Employees must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Superintendent in the construction industry
- 2+ years’ experience in Dental/Medical construction preferred
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets
- CAD experience a plus
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner
And in case you were wondering, our working environment is like no other you have ever seen. We have created a true "utopia like" scenario that encourages healthy work relationships and growth paths to higher positions and compensation. All of our staff members are provided extensive training and a "MINT-Mentor" to make the transition to your new professional home a painless one.
If this Project Superintendent position feels right for you, please apply and come see for yourself what being a MINT dentistry family member is like.
For expedited consideration, please submit resume.