Mindojo, a developer of intelligent educational technology, is supplying content and services to online universities.
Our existing prep courses for the CFA, GMAT, and GRE exams have quickly become popular, as they are the most powerful online prep options in their respective markets. Our system adapts learning assets to each student’s learning behaviors, reinforces strengths, and targets their weaknesses through personalized practice. As a result, students not only benefit from time-efficient learning methodologies but also improved performance on tests and a more enjoyable learning journey.
We are looking to hire content developers for our online Accounting courses, which will be a part of our Master of Accounting program. Your primary responsibility will be developing learning content for the program. For those with a terminal degree in an appropriate discipline, you may have the option to facilitate the online courses through our university partners (in addition to content development).
Our Master of Accounting program will have 12 courses, focusing on subject matter including cost accounting, audit, government accounting, data analytics, advanced financial reporting, and federal taxation. Some sample course descriptions from our program are included below:
The Cost Accounting course identifies and analyzes cost accounting practices used within an organization to facilitate operational and strategic decisions. The concept of managerial accounting will be discussed in relevance to internal decision making as well as to evaluate performance through the use of analytical procedures. Emphasis is placed on the key items that drive operational decisions and their real-life application.
The Advanced Financial Reporting course focuses on authoritative accounting standards and their application to the accounting practice. Participants will learn and discuss the latest accounting standards and models, including their relevance, complexity, and consistency of application. Issues that impact the future of the profession will be identified. Updated pronouncements will be examined and discussed to ascertain the specific applicability of changes in the accounting profession.
The Federal Taxation course focuses on federal tax laws application to C Corporation, S Corporations, Partnerships, Estates, Trusts and Gifts. The course will emphasize the life cycle of a corporation and discuss tax issues and business decisions that occur during each phase. The U.S. federal tax system will be examined in relation to property transactions between business owners and shareholders. Topics to be discussed include depreciation, amortization, realized gains, recognized gains, and non-taxable transactions.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop interactive learning content in collaboration with a brilliant team of professional content developers who share a passion for teaching;
- Construct creative questions to assess student understanding;
- Ensure academic integrity through peer-review, providing and receiving constructive feedback to ensure the highest quality content;
- Outline learning objectives that should be met during the course;
- Implement the learning objectives within the course map;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the structure and content of the course;
- Contribute to overall course design and pedagogical guidelines; and
- After the course launches, utilize student learning data (via smart suggestions provided by our platform) and other forms of feedback to update and enhance the content further toward unprecedented levels of efficacy.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- 2+ years of demonstrated expertise in teaching or tutoring on a one-on-one basis and/or educational content development; fluency with Socratic questioning is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and an ability to explain concepts clearly and tailor information for the applicable target audience.
- Strong academic credentials in Accounting or related field, including a Master’s degree (or higher) in the respective field or with a specialization in the respective field.
- Teaching experience in Accounting or other related discipline preferred
- A keen eye for details and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- An ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Native English speaker with strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to commit to at least 25 hrs/week (35+ hrs preferred).
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- Various promotion opportunities within the content development department based on performance.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.