, a developer of intelligent educational technology, is seeking Educational Content Writer to join its team of test-prep content developers, initially working on content for the LSAT.
This is a remote contract position, preferably full time, with a minimum of a 6-month commitment expected.
Our existing prep courses for the CFA, GMAT, and GRE exams have quickly become popular, as they are the most powerful online prep options in their respective markets. Our system adapts learning assets to each student’s learning behaviors, reinforces strengths, and targets their weaknesses through personalized practice. As a result, students not only benefit from time-efficient learning methodologies but also improved performance on tests.
As an Educational Content Writer, you will develop engaging micro-lessons to help students prepare for the LSAT. You’ll “unlearn” the traditional approach to curriculum development and adapt to our non-linear, choose-your-own-adventure content style. You will also be responsible for drafting a significant number of original exam practice questions that mirror the difficulty and nature of those found on the actual test. As some aspects of the exams, such as logic games and logical reasoning portions, are daunting for many students, you’ll teach deductive reasoning and other logical thinking processes in a way that seems natural and effortless.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop interactive learning content in collaboration with a brilliant team of professional content developers who share a passion for teaching;
- Ensure academic integrity through peer-review, providing and receiving constructive feedback to ensure the highest quality content;
- Contribute to overall course design and pedagogical guidelines; and
- After the course launches, utilize student learning data (via smart suggestions provided by our platform) and other forms of feedback to update and enhance the content further toward unprecedented levels of efficacy.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- 2+ years of demonstrated expertise in teaching or tutoring on a one-on-one basis and/or educational content development, preferably in standardized test preparation, including drafting reading passages; fluency with Socratic questioning is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and an ability to explain concepts clearly and tailor information for the applicable target audience.
- Strong academic credentials and performance on the LSAT; a degree in law, education, curriculum, education technology, or a related field is a strong plus.
- A keen eye for details and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- An ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Native English speaker with strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to commit to at least 25 hrs/week (35+ hrs preferred).
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- Various promotion opportunities within the content development department based on performance.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, let’s speak soon!
The Mindojo team