, developing intelligent educational technology used by some of the world’s top companies, is looking for a talented frontend developer with experience working on complex single-page applications. Our remote team of senior engineers from different countries is developing the world's first self-evolving, adaptive learning platform that’s used for premium online courses, in partnership with companies such as Bloomberg and The Economist. These courses help people (regardless of location and socioeconomic class) to accelerate their education and career growth, while saving time and money.
We have a brilliant team of professors who create unique non-linear learning content, and we’re on the way to disrupt the global education market. Within our platform, students are constantly engaged in a personalized dialogue with our AI private tutor, far surpassing the efficacy of existing resources (textbooks, video or classroom lectures, and various e-learning products).
We offer a full-time (100%, exclusive) contract for a remote senior frontend engineer position. You can work from wherever you wish and the work schedule is very flexible. As a Mindojo team member, you will also be invited to participate in our periodic company-paid team meetups in different countries together with your colleagues and management. Hiking in Armenia and skiing in Sochi? Sure. Bicycles and amazing sweets in Turkey, yachting in Cyprus, and cool beer in Prague? You got it! Expect something new every time.
We believe in minimum bureaucracy and maximum creative freedom. Our team members enjoy lots of autonomy and are measured mostly by their actual deliverables. We work hard (who’s not familiar with healthy deadlines?) but are happy knowing that our efforts will help improve the lives of many, and help the global economy at large. We love people who can approach the problems from different angles and who are comfortable asking tough questions and proposing innovative solutions. We aren’t afraid to switch to new technologies as soon as it makes sense, and as a consequence much of our stack is always at the cutting edge. We continuously are looking for ways to improve our processes, and everyone’s suggestions are heard and considered on their merit, not based on seniority.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- Has experience at least 4 years of professional web development.
- Has understanding of common programming patterns and principles.
- Thinks not only about delivering code that works but understands reusability and maintainability together with overall performance.
- Writes semantic and accessible HTML5 along with modern CSS features (BEM-based).
- Has experience writing automated tests.
- Has experience of using Git (we use Github).
- Has experience working as a part of an agile team.
- Confident in communicating in English, spoken and written (upper-intermediate level and above).
- Portfolio of previous works.
- Experience with working remotely.
- Knowledge of dependency & build tools (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack).
- Mobile development experience, understanding of PWA principles.
- Knowledge of UI design best practices.
- Experience with server-side technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Work in a delivery-based, agile environment with a remote team of talented people.
- Contribute to the architecture, code and testing of high-quality apps that support expansion of the Mindojo’s adaptive learning platform.
- Do code reviews.
- Participate in weekly video-meetings: retrospectives, sprint planning.
- Learn new technologies and be responsible for results of your work.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Individual bonuses related on your personal performance and common milestones.
- A stock option plan.
- Energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Challenging and interesting big projects.
- Company-paid events and educational programs.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere in the world.
- Last, but not least: a chance to play a key part in revolutionizing education worldwide.
Please write us, we don’t bite. We’ll tell you more about us, you’ll tell us more about yourself. Maybe we’ll become a perfect fit for each other and even best friends in the near future.
Let’s speak soon
The Mindojo team