Mimir Is Looking For A Product Designer!
Mimir is venture backed startup in Indianapolis, Indiana focused on creating products to serve the Computer Science life cycle. Our primary product, Mimir Classroom, is deployed in dozens of universities allowing computer science instructors to teach their courses more effectively.
As a part of Mimir’s growing team, you’ll work directly with our CEO and PM to help design the UI and UX of Mimir’s products. In this role you will be responsible for seeing features through from ideation to deployment. Our development process is highly collaborative so you should also expect to work side by side with our engineering team.
What We Are Looking For
- A strong online portfolio of previous work.
- The ability to explore and test concepts with a pen and paper or a prototype.
- Familiarity with Sketch or an equivalent design tool.
- Strong communication skills.
- A balance of UI and UX design skills.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Work within the cross-functional (design, engineering, marketing) to iterate on existing features and invent new ones.
- Take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines.
- Design user experiences and craft flows, diagrams, comps, wires, animations, specs as needed to communicate your ideas.
- Conduct and work with user research to foster empathy with our customers and to better understand their needs.
- Build and maintain a design system.
- Work side by side with our engineering team to prototype and develop UX in real time.
Who We Are Looking For:
- An entrepreneur at heart. There’s no blueprint or playbook here. You’ll have to demonstrate the highest degree of quick-thinking, intuition, and empathy in your work.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented. We’re a small but mighty team. We value people that are humble, care a lot about their teammates, and put the needs of the group first.
- Highly driven to be successful. You’ll get tons of support, but not a lot of guidance. We’ll help you set your goals, but expect you to find the best way to reach them.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, and often-changing startup environment.
- Stock Options
- HRA Health Plan
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Relocation Available
While we’d love to expand our search to outside the United States, we do not currently have the facilities to help you get a US Visa. For this reason we are only hiring people already eligible to work in the United States.