Mimir is venture backed startup in Indianapolis, Indiana focused on creating products to serve the computer science life cycle. Our primary product, Mimir Classroom, is deployed in dozens of universities allowing computer science instructors to teach their courses more effectively.
As a part of Mimir’s growing team, you’ll work directly with our CEO to help instructors on Mimir Classroom teach thousands of students across the country by providing curriculum and other resources.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Experience teaching computer science to collegiate or adult learners.
- Strong understanding of programming skills and computer science theory/concepts.
- Ability to pickup new programming languages (most of our work will be in Java, C, and Python).
What you'll do:
- Create lessons, projects, learning exercises and other resources in various programming languages to aid our instructors and students.
- Publish data and research driven content around computer science best practices.
- Collaborate with instructors at universities like Michigan State and Clemson to help them translate their curriculum onto Mimir Classroom.
- Work with our product team to ideate and design features on Mimir Classroom to provide a better course experience and increase learning outcomes.
Qualities that will help you succeed:
- You work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the highest degree of quick-thinking, intuition, and good judgement in your work.
- You're accepting of ambiguity and highly driven to be successful. You’ll get tons of support, but not a lot of guidance. We'll work with you to set your goals and ask you to find the best way to reach them.
- You are an active contributor with stellar communication skills who works for the betterment of the team.
- You take pride in ownership of projects and are able to balance multiple priorities against deadlines.
Benefits we offer:
- Stock options for every team member
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited paid time off and discretionary vacation bonus
- On-site gym membership and fitness tracker stipend
- Continued education and professional development stipend
- Free downtown Indianapolis parking
While we’d love to expand our search to outside the United States, we do not currently have the facilities to help you get a US Visa. For this reason we are only hiring permanent US residents.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.