Lead Web Developer
Development Team | Liverpool | Full Time
Company: Milexa Group
Position: Lead Web Developer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: Liverpool City Centre (Baltic Triangle)
Reports to: Head of Development
Direct Reports: Development Team
The mission of the Lead Web Developer is to manage the day to day and the long term of the Development Team. Supporting the other developers and ensuring quality throughout the process, including improving this process. Keeping tasks on track within the sprints with a Make it Happen attitude. Helping develop eCommerce sites and in-house applications and driving the technologies in these areas to take the business forward.
You will have a varied role, working across multiple eCommerce websites and internal custom platforms. You will be required to run our development process and also help to improve this, bringing fresh ideas to the team. There will be a variety of work to undertake during sprints from multiple departments as well as ad-hoc tasks, so time management and problem-solving is key for this role.
Role Objectives & Outcomes/Goals
- Producing high-quality technical solutions from the team
- Taking ownership of the department targets such productivity and site speed
- Keeping sprints on track and owning the Development Team process and meetings such as Sprint Prioritisation
- Supporting the Head of Development with training our developers
- Supporting the Development team day-to-day and the long term
- Development and maintenance of current e-commerce websites
- Development and maintenance of current in-house platforms
- Helping to drive forward and deliver exciting new web-based technology to improve the business, including custom builds and applications
- Optimising areas of the business with web development
- Integrating with third party API’s and software platforms
- Automating manual processes to improve productivity in the business
Skills, Competencies, Experience & Personal Attributes
- A strong portfolio of backend and frontend development is required with your CV (required)
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (At least 3 years experience required)
- Experience managing a development team (at least 1-year experience required)
- Knowledge of EC2 or similar cloud-based hosting providers
- Excellent knowledge WordPress/WooCommerce
- Strong understanding of databases (MySQL/MongoDB)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in working with a version control system such as Git
- Excellent time management skills/The ability to manage your own time successfully and prioritise effectively.
- Experience with Lavarel and Docker
- Knowledge of standard development cycles e.g. Agile
Our mission at Milexa is to deliver leading design in cutting edge new forms, to enrich the environments that people occupy. We design and manufacture design leading products that enhance the spaces where people live, work and play.
Our core products of bespoke wall and floor coverings give us a unique offering and brings totally new design possibilities to our customers. We have a passion for launching innovative new products into established markets, and our aim is to be industry-leading in every space we enter.
Our business is based around innovation and creativity, and we’re passionate about developing people as well as products. Everyone has an important role to play in our organisation and it is a place where all ideas are listened to and people are given the freedom to make a real impact and develop their skills.
We’re passionate about our company values and want people who align well with them to join our team. If you feel that you’re well-aligned to our core values then we’d love to hear from you.