Junior Creative Designer
Design Department | Liverpool | Full Time
Company: Milexa Group Ltd
Position: Junior Creative Designer
Location: Liverpool City Centre (Baltic Triangle)
Reports to: Head of Design
Direct Reports: None, no managerial responsibilities
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000
The core mission of this role is to create outstanding wallpaper and flooring design to drive forward our vision to be an industry leading surface design company; shaking up existing markets with remarkable, ahead of trend ideas.
As Junior Creative Designer, you will be an integral part of a fast growing company, working across our brands to deliver high quality and industry leading design. The role will consist mainly of product development; using illustration and surface pattern to create innovative and modern wallpaper, mural and flooring designs that are manufactured in-house and sold directly through our online channels.
The role of Junior Creative Designer is a varied one; you will be working across a broad range of projects, delivering on a variety of briefs to suit various audiences and styles. You will be responsible for continuous research; collating ideas and trends, and always looking for innovative & forward thinking opportunities.
Another key responsibility will be to work with the marketing team to deliver engaging marketing content and assisting with trend-based campaigns in order to reach wide audiences across different platforms.
You will also have the opportunity to learn and broaden your skills; through the taking on of new challenges, accessing learning platforms and gaining insight from a talented team of helpful colleagues.
- A degree in design or design-related field
- Portfolio showcasing your work
Metrics & Accountabilities
Your work will be measured using key results in the following areas:
- Campaign success rates
- Ensuring projects are delivered in line with deadlines
- New design sales
- Designing exclusive wallpaper and flooring designs and creating new product lines
- Researching upcoming trends and curating ideas
- Engaging with the marketing team, being involved in creative meetings, researching and discussing ideas and possible trends
- Working with the artworker and production team to oversee seamless ‘design to print’ processes
- Working towards deadlines: managing workload and driving projects through to timely completion
- Monitoring data and internal sales trends to guide new product ideas
Skills, Competencies Experience and Personal Attributes
- Confident illustration and/or surface pattern skills
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, broad range of skills across both Photoshop and Illustrator
- Willingness to learn and discover new skills through self initiative and extra support
- An eye for design; especially colour, pattern and composition. An interest in illustration, interior design or surface pattern essential
- Ability to take ownership and work with a good degree of autonomy to deliver outstanding results
- Incredible attention to detail and a desire to make everything you do as good as it can be
- Analytical, with the ability to draw upon research and use data to guide your ideas
- Ability to be highly flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment
Our mission at Milexa is to deliver leading design in cutting edge new forms, to enrich the environments that people occupy. We design and manufacture design leading products that enhance the spaces where people live, work and play.
Our core products of bespoke wall and floor coverings give us a unique offering, and brings totally new design possibilities to our customers. We have a passion for launching innovative new products into established markets, and our aim is to be industry leading in every space we enter.
Our business is based around innovation and creativity, and we’re passionate about developing people as well as products. Everyone has an important role to play in our organisation and it is a place where all ideas are listened to and people are given the freedom to make a real impact and develop their skills.
We’re passionate about our company values and want people who align well with them to join our team. If you feel that you’re well aligned to our core values then we’d love to hear from you.
Be Remarkable - Bold. Committed. Push for excellence. Digs deep. Creative. Passionate. Gives 100%. Quality & detail focused.
Be a Pioneer – Innovative. Drives change. Creative. New ideas. Always learning. Bold. Risk tolerant. Open-minded. Adventurous.
Be Sharp - Focus on impact. Efficient. Moves fast. Cuts through.
Focus on Customers – Start with the customer. Removes friction. Creates a wow customer experience. Empathetic. Uses data & feedback.
Support and Grow - Team player. Collaborative. Helps and grows others. Open. Makes a positive difference. Supportive. Happy. Authentic.
Make it Happen - Seizes responsibility and empowerment. Takes ownership. Tenacious. Delivers results.
What we offer
With a vibrant team environment focusing on creativity, innovation and ambition, our rapidly growing company is forward thinking and constantly evolving. Besides our friendly office culture, we employ a relaxed dress code, flexible working hours and generous annual leave, as well as future opportunities in-line with growth.