MikMak is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Product team. This role is about sharing ownership of a growing codebase, along with many of our infrastructure and third party software decisions.
The core MikMak experiences are web applications, and this is a large part of what engineering is working on. This can range from new feature development, product enhancements, bug fixes, or QA testing. These experiences are built using Vue.js, and are tested on many different devices and environments.
To support these experiences - along with the MikMak team - we also build internal applications & services. These might range from dashboards to make life easier for our Client Success team, to an automated email report service for our clients.
MikMak is an exciting, nimble startup that is growing quickly. If you like being part of an early stage team, are excited by ambiguity, and love taking ownership, you could be a great fit for this role!
Develop & Deploy every day
- Contribute to our projects to create new features and maintain existing products
- Create Pull Requests to have your code peer reviewed, collaborate with other engineers on our team
- Understand and contribute to our deployment process
Own the Backlog
- Understand the current priorities and how they ladder up to current business goals
- Leverage this understanding to prioritize the most valuable engineering tasks
Communication & Collaboration
- Communicate to stakeholders what is and is not getting worked on
- Run meetings where product features and pain points are discussed, and synthesize these findings into backlog items
Who you are
- Software Engineer with 5+ years experience developing web applications
- Excited to take on ambiguous problems and arrive at clear solutions
- An extremely strong communicator with experience managing a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience building consensus to achieve a shared vision
- Experience collaborating with designers, taking hi-fidelity designs and turning them into working applications
- Cash + Equity
- Health Insurance
- Free lunch at least once a week
- Yearly stipend to take a class that enriches your life outside of work
- Brooklyn loft office vibes
Who we are
MikMak's mission is to create native commerce experiences for the social video generation. We believe the future of shopping is rooted in social video and we enable brands to connect to the next generation of shoppers, video shoppers.
MikMak's Founder & CEO is Rachel Tipograph, the former Global Director of Digital & Social Media at Gap. Rachel has been recognized as a leading innovator across the globe, including Forbes' “30 under 30 Who Are Changing The World”, Marie Claire's "50 Most Influential Women in America," and Fast Company's "Most Creative People in Business."
MikMak's investors include VaynerMedia, Luminari Capital, SLOW Ventures, UTA Ventures, Brave Ventures, Jeff Zucker and Christina Aguilera.