The Service technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
* Perform repairs indicated on work orders with efficiency and accuracy and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctions accurately by applying technical knowledge to the situation.
* Respond to repair inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
* Test drive vehicles as required to ensure proper working condition.
* Document service and maintenance work completed for each vehicle and complete PA State Inspection records as required.
* Apply knowledge and ability to safely utilize all tools and equipment and perform work with proper safety procedures.
* Retain and tag removed parts under warranty for return to manufacturer and adhere to and properly maintain department procedures on warranty management and documentation.
* Complete service related paperwork in detail and in a legible format.
* Maintain technical competence by attending all classes and shop meetings as requested and reading all service bulletins to maintain needed skills.
* Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner to meet safety requirements determined by dealership and OSHA.
* Discard residual waste or hazardous materials using the proper disposal methods.
* Attend all company sponsored training as requested.
* Perform all other related duties as requested.
Technical Communication Skills, Reading Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Time Management and Organizational Skills, Oral and Written Communication skills, Equipment Maintenance, Lifting up to 75 lbs., Decision Making, Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Self-Motivated, Judgment, Results Driven, Quality Focus, Productivity, Safety Management, Ability to work in temperature extremes, stand for long periods of time, bend over for long periods of time, and work in a vehicle fume environment.
*Degree High School Diploma or Equivalent
*Service Technical School
*Own a variety of service related tools.
Valid Driver’s License
Valid PA State and Emission Licenses
Some service mechanical related experience necessary.
General Motors, Hyundai, or Kia Trained preferred.