MicroVentures is a leading equity based crowdfunding platform. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to act as a liaison between our portfolio companies and investors. Come help us revolutionize the way investors access and invest in early stage startups!
What you’ll do at MicroVentures:
The Associate is an integral part the MicroVentures team. This person will work directly with investors and is their main point of contact throughout the investment process. The Associate will:
- Work across multiple cross functional groups to organize investment operations
- Provide investor support and resolve investor related issues in a timely manner
- Grow the business by proactively engaging investors through different contact channels on regular basis
- Closely monitor the venture capital and technology regulatory landscape
Bonus if you have:
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses
- 1-2 years financial services experience
- A bachelor’s degree in economics or finance
- Previous start up experience
You might be a great fit for us if:
- You can write emails and leave voicemails that people can’t help responding to.
- You are excited to close a sale.
- You easily further conversations and identify sales opportunities when others don’t.
- You exceed expectations because you strive to be the best at what you do. No one has to motivate you with cupcakes (though we do sometimes have cupcakes!)
- You are an organized, self-disciplined individual. Following up is your 2nd favorite thing after initiating a conversation.
- You work well in ambiguity. Structure and predictability stifle you.
- You are proactive and take the initiative.
- Every company is looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, right? Yes, but effective communication skills are critical in this role. You will be working with investors who have varying experiences and knowledge both over the phone and in emails/chat.
You might NOT be a fit for us if:
- You need the predictability and highly-processed structure of a larger organization.
- You don’t have customer service or sales experience.
- You want to “try sales out”.
- $35k-$42k base salary
- Annual & quarterly discretionary bonus
- 401(k) plus match
- Medical, dental, disability insurance
- Company provided MacBook Air
- Company equity
- A challenging environment, engaging culture and witty, intellectual coworkers
- Fully stocked break room and Chipotle Wednesdays!