Technology has changed our expectations of how we live, work, communicate. Learners expect education to be engaging and inspiring. They expect digital learning to be as responsive, secure, fast and effective as the other apps in their pocket - Facebook, iTunes. They expect to have access to learning anytime, anyplace, any device and get help when they need it - Consumer Grade without being a target of cyber attacks.
One of biggest investments is in a new digital platform - the Global Learning Platform - which will fundamentally change the way we design, develop and deliver learning experiences, enabling new business models. The Global Learning Platform will provide engaging, responsive, and personalized learning experiences to students everywhere. The cloud security team will drive all aspects of design, build, operate and assess across cloud-based digital platforms and products.
As a direct report to the Director, Product Information Security Officer (PISO), you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
- Snr Cloud Security DevSecOps Engineer will fundamentally change the way security processes and tools are integrated within DevOps
- Implement a tools-driven and highly automated approach to deliver our key security management processes by exploiting investment in existing tooling (e.g. ServiceNow, Chef, Splunk) and/or identify new tooling.
- Design and implement AWS/Cloud-based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks during code builds and deployments
- Respond to and, when appropriate, resolve or escalate security incidents
- Report unresolved security exposures, misuse of resources, and noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes.
- Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers on AWS
- Lead AWS Cloud DevSecOps engineering integrations with platforms such as SPLUNK ES, Threat Analytics, and UEBA
- Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action based events and triggers
- Actively involved in cloud environment threat hunting using manual and automated tools
- Build working relationships with corporate technology and business teams
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Evaluate security technologies for cloud environments in order to implement controls in the most streamlined and integrated manner
- Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
- Develop cloud security solutions to enable production security operations (SOC)
- Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container and microservice technologies
- Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
- Craft and evangelize secure cloud platform & product requirements
- Communicate security risks and solutions to business partners, platform & product teams
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Stay current on security industry trends