The analyst is responsible for resource planning and allocation across our client's Customer Operations Learning & Development (L&D) team. Essential to success will be the analyst’s ability to develop a keen understanding of the skills of L&D staff across all disciplines as the basis for effective project assignment decisions. The analyst will meet regularly with Technical Services and Learning Solutions team leaders to determine forecasted availability across the team(s), and to understand unique needs of on-going projects. These inputs, along with leverage of staff utilization reports, will provide the necessary information with which to make staffing decisions to maximize the efficiency of L&D staff.
The analyst will be responsible for developing the tools necessary to monitor resource skill capabilities and projected availability (e.g., advanced Excel and database tools). The analyst will also develop a thorough understanding of the Agile Learning Experience Process (ALEP), to understand patterns of workloads related to the gates of the procedure as key inputs to staffing decisions. These tools will provide a framework for consistent project prioritization, in order to drive allocation decisions under staffing constraints.
The analyst is expected to collaborate with L&D Managers and Directors to ensure adequate communication and input to staffing decisions the analyst is ultimately responsible for making project assignments and reviewing changes to existing assignments, and is responsible for holding Senior Manager(s) and Directors accountable for honoring staffing decisions. The analyst must always provide a neutral, non-biased, data driven approach to resource allocation decisions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and maintain dashboard tools, prioritization frameworks and reporting capabilities – in consulting with L&D Analytics team members – to show the effective resource utilization across L&D organizations (Technical Services and Learning Solutions).
Establish and conduct a repeatable process to capture and priortize project needs, define staff skills and availability, and drive staff allocation decisions that consistently maximize the productive utilization of L&D staff. Attends key leadership staff meetings to facilitate discussions on staffing, to include utilization and resource allocation activities. Plans regular meetings to create and lead a rhythm of business to report on capacity and make adequate decisions through collaborating with senior staff.
Establish effective and collaborative relationships across the L&D Leadership team at all levels, and credibility amongst staff members in all roles. Uses knowledge of the business and stakeholder pressures to balance the needs of multiple constituents in a fair and productive manner. The analyst will report to the Senior Director – L&D Technical Services.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
· Forward-thinking, with an ability to anticipate and prepare for changing demands for and uses of analytical information to support staffing decisions
· Good business acumen and project management skills, with proven ability to plan and execute in a consistently effective manner
· Effective oral and written communication skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with peers, leadership, and internal stakeholders
· Ability to develop logical policies and procedures to ensure consistent outcomes that meet the needs of the business
· Strong proficiency with MS Excel, including ability to develop complex Pivot Tables, Macros and Data Visualization outputs
· Strong analytical skills; able to see data patterns clearly to inform decision making
· Demonstrated knowledge of creating performance dashboards or SharePoint repositories to support internal or external stakeholders
Related Work Experience Number of Years
5+ Resource Allocation and/or Staffing Management
5+ Project Management with emphasis on resource management / EVM
5+ Business Improvement, Analytics and/or Intelligence experience
7+ Advanced Microsoft Excel
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/certification in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Economics, or Business Management
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
· Demonstrated proficiency to manipulate and report on data using measurement tools (MS Access, Tableau, SQL)
· Strong metrics, analytical skills, communication, and negotiation skills
· Moderate proficiency in Earned Value Management (EVM) to measure resource (cost), scope, and schedule performance of L&D initiatives
· Project Management professional (PMP) desired, but not required
· Ability to learn new technology platforms like Podio and Time Camp for time keeping and productivity metrics and reports
· High degree of professional maturity and ability to engage directors and senior managers with confidence
· Experience in using one or more of the following methodologies: Lean / Six Sigma, Agile/Scrum, and Organizational Change Management
Related Work Experience
Relevant corporate experience in a large Fortune 100 company
Management or business consulting experience