Dev Ops/Software Engineer-NFV/SDN
This is an opportunity to join a highly energetic start-up company as a member of our Dev Ops Software Engineering team, with strong understanding of Software Defined Network (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV). As a member of the our client’s Application development team, you will be responsible for development of new features and functionality within our client’s Orchestrator toolset, as well as assist with orchestration solutions for our client’s security products and services. We are looking for a strong Engineer comfortable with dictating standardization and driving automation, with the ability to step back and develop long term intelligent designs.
We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Dev Ops role, or a mixture of Telecom/MSP experience and some Dev Ops experience in a support operations model. Strong UNIX administration skills are a must, preferably Redhat/Centos. DevOps experience (Ansible, Puppet, etc.) required. Python, Shell experience required. Must be a self-driven and motivated individual capable of owning tasks, developing a repeatable recipe, and serving up a documented, finished product.
- Strong Architectural Leadership (applications, virtualization, security, network.
- SDN/NFV and product development experience.
- Understanding of standard routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, ISIS and relationship to OpenFlow.
- Results focused individual with proven business and technical acumen.
- Experience in SDN, NFV, OpenStack, Docker, Containers, Ansible, and Yang Model.
- Experience developing virtualized application integration frameworks both in cloud and in x86 based hardware.
- Hands on knowledge and Subject Matter Expertise in IP networking, Application traffic flows, and Security best practices
- Substantial hands on experience in Application Virtualization within a service provider network.
- Ability to create customer facing network topologies, demos and lead customer proof of concept testing.
- OpenStack working knowledge.
- Ability to create customer facing operational support systems for virtualized applications.
- Technical knowledge of supporting network and cloud platforms.
- Network fundamentals including routing protocols and Ethernet access technologies.
- Understanding of overall network architecture and design application for delivery of other product segments.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, staff, and vendors.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to an executive audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Understanding of agile methodologies.
Job Type: Full-time
- NFV/SDN Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- Ansible: 2 years (Required)
Present Resumes to: