Lead Enterprise Security Architect
San Antonio, San Francisco, San Jose, Denver, Raleigh
Our client is committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Security Architecture team is responsible for the definition of security reference architectures that provide roadmaps and architectures for key security domains such as IdAM, Cloud, Network, Data Privacy, IT, and many more. In addition to defining reference architectures, the Security Architecture team functions as a leader across the organization, helping to evangelize the security story and drive a culture of ‘secure by design’ into our clients environment and across all its products.
Within this team, the Identity Security Architect is responsible for designing the strategy for internal identity within our client and linking that strategy to other major initiatives and programs for the next 3-5 years. They will help define the information security architecture and roadmap for identity and be responsible for the security story linked to identity. This is a senior to lead technical role.
As a direct report to the Director, Security Engineering & Architecture, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with functional-area architects, engineering, and security specialists to identify and define the internal identity strategy
- Assess and understand Pearson’s current and future identity security architecture, providing recommendations for improvement and risk reduction
- Develop the business, information, and technical artifacts that constitute the enterprise identity security architecture and solutions
- Serve as a security expert in identity as it relates to application development, database design, cloud, zero-trust, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices
- Experience with AWS Identity, Oracle Identity and MS Identity
- Experience with ForgeRock (plus)
- Drive or participate in strategic programs for identity.
- Researches, designs, and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors with respect to identity
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the identity information security strategy
- Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks
- Communicates security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff
- Designs security configuration guidelines for information technology devices and systems, as well as mechanisms for assessing compliance with the guidelines
- Designs and builds controls to address security risks and events as identified
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Stay up to date on security industry trends
- Contributes to the enterprise security strategy and the security services roadmap
- Reviews new projects for security policy compliance and best practices
- Lead Enterprise Security for identity platforms
- Experience with AWS, Oracle, Microsoft identity
- Experience with enterprise security architecture
- Experience with ForgeRock (plus)
Please present resumes to: