MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency recognized as one of Ad Age’s 2019 Best Places to Work, is looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented and passionate Public Relations/Marketing Account Executive with agency experience. This is a dual agency marketing/new business and client-facing role with ample growth opportunity and high visibility among agency management team.
Agency New Business/Marketing/PR Role
- Agency communications: managing MGH's marketing messaging across email, social, print ads, and other channels; overseeing the agency's blog, assigning work, editing entries, promoting content, etc.
- Public relations: building a media outreach strategy to increase awareness of MGH among our targets; helping to create new for MGH by producing agency surveys and whitepapers; performing outreach to local, national, and trade media
- New business support (incoming): responding to new biz inquiries, researching leads, helping to build decks and present to clients, helping to set up for meetings and managing post-meeting needs
- New business support (outgoing): acting as MGH's representative at conferences and networking events; occasionally building outreach lists and doing light cold calling (limited)
PR Account Executive Role
- Support PR and account team members for growing national multi-location brand.
- Write newsworthy pitches, press releases, media advisories and other media materials.
- Build databases and relationships with journalists, editors, producers and social media influencers.
- Brainstorm creative angles to get our clients’ key messages in the news and successfully place positive coverage.
- Plan and execute media events and maintain media coverage reports and results.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Three to five years of public relations/marketing experience.
- PR/agency, client-facing experience required.
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated media relations success.
- Proficiency with AP Style. (Final round candidates will be asked to take a proofreading test.)
- Expertly organized with acute attention to detail: You’re the one who catches every typo and notices when that logo is sliiiiightly left-of-center.
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset: You’re also the one who fixes the typo and corrects the logo placement before your manager even has a chance to spot them.
- Clear, concise communicator, respectful of coworkers’ and clients’ time.
- Track record of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
Thanks for your interest in MGH, an Equal Opportunity Employer.