MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency recognized as one of Ad Age’s 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work, is looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented and passionate Public Relations/Marketing Account Executive with three to five years of agency experience. This is a client-facing role with ample growth opportunity.
Ideal candidates must demonstrate previous experience in traditional and non-traditional media relations, be able to thrive in a fast-paced but fun working environment and work well as part of a large multidisciplinary team.
What You’ll Do:
- Support PR and account management team members for clients in the food, education and public safety industries
- Write newsworthy pitches, press releases, media advisories and other media materials
- Build databases and relationships with journalists, editors, producers and social media influencers
- Brainstorm creative angles to get our clients’ key messages in the news and successfully place positive coverage
- Plan and execute media events and maintain media coverage reports and results
- Assist with event planning and management
- Partner with other agency departments to produce client deliverables, including printed collateral and HTML newsletters
- Three to five years of public relations/marketing experience
- PR/agency, client-facing experience required
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated media relations success (Send us your portfolio!)
- Proficiency with AP Style (candidates will be asked to take a proofreading test)
- Expertly organized with acute attention to detail: You’re the one who catches every typo and notices when that logo is sliiiiightly left-of-center
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset: You’re also the one who fixes the typo and corrects the logo placement before your manager even has a chance to spot them
- Clear, concise communicator, respectful of coworkers’ and clients’ time
- Track record of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects and working with creative and/or digital teams
Thanks for your interest in MGH, an Equal Opportunity Employer.