When you apply for a job, you don’t typically expect a company to focus on under-sharing. But Mezu is the undersharing payment app! Except in this case, the information we are not spilling is YOURS! Keep reading to learn more about Mezu - where OUR encryption of YOUR transactions let you pay anyone, anywhere, anything - all completely privately right from your phone!
Don’t you want to join the organization that is revolutionizing how people pay for things? We here at Mezu are passionate about making sure you never reveal your identity or personal info to people who don’t know you. And when it comes to your money, privacy is key!
Check out the posting below to learn how you can be the KEY to evangelizing this unique app as our next PR Specialist to everyone from print and digital media, to bloggers and other on-line influencers. Imagine yourself pitching Mezu’s all new Digital Debit Card to trade and national publications… now imagine their reaction when you tell them that it is in partnership with Mastercard and they can use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted in the world!
Public Relations Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for executing strategic communications programs that expand awareness for Mezu’s brand, uniqueness and vision with the specific goal of driving user acquisition growth.
Overview: This is a highly visible position, working closely with the CEO, will be responsible for publicity and media relations, influencer relations, media planning / buying and event planning. This job entails assisting in planning and the production of both traditional public relations strategies and tactics, including press release development and distribution, feature article creation and interview coordination, as well as creating innovative, ground-breaking initiatives to attract media attention.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to develop a public relations plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Assisting in crafting media relations strategy
- Finding and analyzing media coverage and promoting that content through owned and paid media channels
- Collaborating with Marketing & CEO to develop and maintain Mezu’s corporate image and identity
- Building relationships with thought leaders, key journalists and industry influencers
- Leveraging existing media relationships to generate new contacts rapidly
- Creating content for press releases, articles and keynote presentations
- Identifying opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Working closely with the marketing and creative teams to create and drive campaigns, deliver our message, enhance the company’s reputation externally and internally and raise performance and credibility of the brand
- 2 - 4 years of experience of agency experience consulting with client on designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Strong relationships with various businesses and industry media outlets, FINTECH specific contacts highly preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Experience in measuring PR performance of web and mobile-based companies
- BS/MS degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related subject is required, and a Master’s degree in one of those disciplines is preferred
Now it’s time for you to over-share about what makes you as unique as Mezu! Tell us all about your professional background, your social causes and your passionate hobbies. We want to know about why you chose PR and what makes you get out of bed in the morning to pursue it. Share with us all what makes you tick and why you think that drive will make you an ideal candidate - so that when you get the job, you can be part of the mission to under-share….