The Know Your Customer (KYC) team is responsible for ensuring that Mezu meets Anti-Money Laundering (AML) rules as dictated by regulations. Associates will have knowledge of AML and KYC programs, regulations, standards and compliance requirements and apply them to new and existing clients. They will analyze and interpret documents based on corporate/legal formation documentation and structures in order to extract relevant customer information. In addition, associates will research, consult with compliance and bankers, escalate, address unresolved issues and manage information in the system of record.
We are seeking an individual who has strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, and communicates effectively with both external and internal customers. In addition, this person should be eager to understand Banking and AML requirements. The candidate should have the ability to engage in interactive dialogue with customers through active listening. He/she approaches problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate outcome. The individual can make appropriate decisions on behalf of regulations and the customer. Effectively prioritize work to ensure efficiency and conducts research as needed. As a start-up team, the ideal candidate will also be open to change, share ideas with the team and leaders, listen to ideas from teammates, and assure processes and procedures are accurate.
This individuals responsibilities will include:
• Determine KYC requirements for clients based on type of structure and relationship
• Verify Customer Information Program (CIP) data for clients from documents and additional research.
• Engage clients to obtain missing information
• Partner with compliance on escalations and red flags
• Enter and maintain required CDD data elements in system
• Address and resolve findings and errors identified during quality review process
• Follow policies and procedures to ensure consistent adherence to requirements
• Identify process improvements
• Bachelors Degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of experience working in operations driven by regulatory requirements
• At least 2 years of experience working with bankers to service clients
• At least 1 year of experience working in a commercial bank
• At least 1 year of experience working with AML (Anti-Money Laundering) or at least 1 year of experience working with KYC (Know Your Customer)
• At least 1 year of experience working in Compliance, at least 1 year of experience working in risk, at least 1 year of experience working in legal, or at least 1 year of experience working in audit
• Proficient in Microsoft Office