$90,000 - $140,000 a year
Onsite at Meshify in Austin, TX 78704
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Looking for a tech savvy and passionate DevOps Engineer with hands on experience in building secure, high-performing and scalable infrastructure. This position develops, maintains and supports software for the Meshify Product Team and reports to the Chief Architect. The position requires significant experience with Linux/Unix administration and moderate to significant experience administering relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. Experience with AWS, Docker, Cassandra, Rancher, and config management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.) is a plus.
The successful candidate will apply specialized knowledge and concepts to the completion of assigned projects to meet the needs and requirements of the company. Projects will involve designing, developing, and troubleshooting a service oriented architecture within a cloud-based, majority container environment. Additionally, we will be deploying an on-premise version utilizing cutting-edge tooling around containerization and orchestration. Responsibilities will range from working independently on multiple complex projects to serving as a technical consultant or a leader of initiatives, typically on mission-critical infrastructure. May provide consultation and advice on major implementations ensuring that services are available and accessible. Collaborates effectively with team members to ensure success of projects and systems. The successful candidate will have the ability to advise on and assist in implementing tooling to improve our CI/CD pipeline and deploy strategies (focusing on zero-downtime deploy and deep insights into the deploy to catch issues early). The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate and interact with diverse co-workers, a strong work ethic and organization skills to work independently with minimal supervision and adapt quickly to new technologies.
First few months
- We will need to design and implement a scalable, secure, multi-domain, automated ssl solution for allowing customers to use custom domains with our platform.
- We will need to design and implement an on prem provisioning solution centered around docker to allow our customers to very quickly and easily spin up instances of our platform.
- We will need to design and implement a more secure device provisioning solution.
- Designing and implementing monitoring, reliability, alerting solutions for infrastructure
- Designing and implementing an on prem provisioning solution for our platform
- Automating infrastructure provisioning and scaling
- Managing and optimizing infrastructure related costs
- Maintaining security
- Working with the dev team to improve CI/CD workflow
- Working with the dev team to improve application visibility
Skills and Requirements
- Experience administering Linux based environments (Debian and variants)
- Experience with config management tooling (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience with Docker and related tooling (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.)
- Experience with software deployment in a large-scale environment
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing Disaster Recovery plans
- Experience with monitoring and alerting (TICK, ELK, Nagios, PagerDuty)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with basic cloud networking (AWS VPC/Subnets/Routing Tables/Security Groups or equivalent)
- Experience with container-based networking
- Experience with managing and securing Access Control in regards to infrastructure
- Ability and experience to understand and consult on enterprise-wide infrastructure design
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Good communication skills, email etiquette and comfort on the phone with other technical people
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed systems and related technologies (NSQ, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with scaling data store technologies is a plus (PostgreSQL, Scylla, Reddis) is a plus
- Experience with SSH Certificate Authorities and Identity Management (Netflix BLESS) is a plus
- Experience with multi-domain SSL certs and provisioning a plus (Let's Encrypt) is a plus
- Experience with chaos or similar methodologies is a plus
- Experience with creating multi-tenant and selfhosted enviorments is a plus
- Experience with IoT device provisioning and logistics is a plus
Sample of what we currently use
- TICK stack
- Our platform depends on go, js, nsq, reddis, cassandra(scylla), and postgresql