HomeServices of America, a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate, is growing! We are hiring a data and data integration team and looking to fill a number of roles.
We are a mission-driven organization that believes home-ownership is transformative in people's lives, and we want to create technology solutions that enable millions of more people to gain access to home ownership. Our mission, our market position, our team and the technical challenges we are solving make our team one of the hottest innovation centers and an all-around excellent place to work.
We are building out a new team that will create an incredible real estate customer experience. In this role, you'll be an early hire on a new team getting to make a real impact by solving complex business problems.
Who you are
We want leaders who are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. We know that to tackle the toughest challenges that people face around home ownership, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You're an experienced data geek who wants to drive impact while staying abreast of cutting-edge data application and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. You're given the support and freedom to succeed while working to embed data into the core of what we do – this is not a sideline kind of job! You will be working in fast-paced and iterative cross-functional teams built around the Lean Startup methodology. You are an excellent communicator and know how to ask the right questions. Above all, you want to create something that fundamentally changes the lives of people for the better.
What Our Team will do:
As our Lead Data Engineer you will own implementing data solutions across a wide variety of tools and technologies. We are looking for someone who can recommend and drive ongoing improvements in processes, procedures, and functionality while working to design, develop and fine tune data pipelines- insuring the pipelines are fortified and trust worthy. Leveraging third party solutions, you will pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for use in our CRM, operational and analytic applications.
- Automate data mining, analysis, and reporting
- Build APIs and Interfaces for others to consume data
- Bootstrap data pipelines to be self-sufficient and easily maintainable
- Take on big data challenges by applying your mastery of capturing, cleaning, storing, and securing the data you collect
- Review database design changes with the team to determine the impact to the database and other systems.
- Coordinate with development/implementation team to improve model formats and approaches with regard to implementation issues.
- Participate in performance tuning activities including partitioning strategies, indexing strategies, and SQL optimization
- Architect with an eye toward high performance, scalability, and high availability.
- Identify opportunities to use data to drive enhanced business decision making and promote a data-driven culture
Across our team, we are looking for a mixture of skills - above all, we are looking for hungry, humble and smart team members and will consider applicants with any combination of the skills.
- Experience with API vendors such as Jitterbit, Apigee, Mashery, Mulesoft, etc
- 3+ years integrating solutions via Data sources, APIs and Web Services platforms
- Experience in Rest, SOAP, JSON, Java Script, jQuery
- Experience building data pipelines into Salesforce and/or CRM environments
- Proven experience in working in large environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL, etc.
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working prototype or system through iterative development
- Experience with end-to-end solution architecture for data capabilities
- Experience with ELT/ETL development, patterns and tooling
- Experience implementing data aggregation services
- Fluent understanding of best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architectures
- Strong scripting / programming background
- Strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications
- Expertise in schema design, developing data models and proven ability to work with complex data is required
- Experience in real time and batch data ingestion
- Understanding security, encryption and masking using various technologies including Kerberos, MapR-tickets, Vormetric and Voltage
Criminal Background Check
Must be eligible to Work in the US without sponsorship
Full time onsite employment in our office located in downtown Austin, TX
HomeServices of America offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, HRA, FSA, 401K.