At MercuryGate, every solution we create is designed to be Smarter, Stronger, Faster, Better than any other technology in the marketplace. These same attributes apply to our dedicated team members, whose expertise and dedication have made MercuryGate an industry leader.
As a member of our team, you will have the ability to work on projects for Fortune 500 companies, contributing actively in supporting their strategic initiatives. This opportunity will build your knowledge base and allow you to interact with some of the world’s most respected companies.
Are you ready to work in a fun, fast-paced and energetic environment that challenges you and rewards you for innovation, creativity, and initiative? If so, come play with the MercuryGate team of champions by applying for our Project Manager opportunity today!
Reporting to a Practice Director, the Project Manager is responsible for planning and executing one or more projects according to defined timelines and budgets from inception to Go Live. Managing project teams and ensuing adherence to budget, schedule, and quality deliverables throughout project life cycles are central to this position. Project management skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a strong technical background is often required to manage competing interests.
- Works with the project team to develop the project scope and perform an estimate of work effort and the elapsed time for assigned projects.
- Develops rigorous project plans, in line with MG’s project methodology with interim milestones and deadlines and works with the project team and development to manage the project plan, ensuring all milestones and deadlines are met through careful resource identification and allocation.
- Manages project profitability and cash flow. Validates invoices as needed.
- Participates in meetings on a regular basis to facilitate communication and effective implementation and review processes.
- Creates Statements of Work in accordance with company policy.
- Provides project status reports in accordance with company guidelines.
- Builds strong client contacts and achieves referenceable results.
- Reports on progress forecast completion and identifies and resolves threats to on-time plan completion.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external company policies and procedures.
- Manage the risks of all aspects of projects, including the development of contingency plans.
- Closely monitors project scope for change control.
- Owns responsibility for achievement of revenue, expense and margin targets for projects under the project manager’s purview.
· Plans and drives initial kick-off meeting.
· Owns transition of the customer to support upon completion of the implementation
· Proactively identifies and manages project issues.
- Provides direction and support to the project team
- Serves as the primary customer interface throughout all phases of the deployment cycle from project kick-off until the transition to Customer Support.
- Provides monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts for projects under customers of responsibility.
- Understands revenue recognition and the impact on the forecast and able to differentiate between revenue recognition and invoice payment.
- Reviews Cash Flow Reports and Revenue Reports ensuring revenue and invoice payments are as expected.
- Provides direction and support to the project team.
- Assist and Support in open A/R issues and A/R collection.
- Provides assistance to the PMO office on an as-needed basis.
- Recognizes and identifies new revenue opportunities with owned customers.
- Approves time and expenses for projects.
- Completes required internal training.
- Other duties as directed by the line manager.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline with at least 2 years of experience
- Strong Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, commanding respect of peers, sub-ordinates across region and industry verticals.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with customers, partners and consultants.
- Strong communicator, able to influence and collaborate at all levels to maximize problem resolution.
- Proven project management skills with demonstrable ability to simultaneously manage multiple deadlines and large implementation projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to work independently and be effective/proactive in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Basic understanding of systems design, testing and quality assurance methodologies and MG product footprint.
- Experience with a time management system.
- Ability to drive conflict resolution
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with ERP, TMS, or WMS systems and systems integration.
- PMP certification and/or CAPM certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee may be required lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Extensive keyboarding and looking at a computer monitor