MercuryGate is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join an established development team technical team in building leading-edge web-based solutions for the transportation industry. The daily work of our agile teams includes analysis of user stories and timely delivery of quality code while communicating effectively with all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will strike a good balance between building/extending new features and responding to problems that degrade the customer experience. You will be expected to participate in all aspects of application development ranging from graphical user interface design to business and workflow coding to database persistence. The agile teams will also pitch in as needed to work on functional tests, deployment automation scripts and documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of full stack Java based web application development.
- Experience with cross browser support for the latest browsers
- Experience with building, troubleshooting APIs and Microservices
- Proficient with databases and SQL (Oracle preferred)
- Build and consume internal/external APIs (including, but not limited to REST).
- Experience with Spring.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Self-starter and has demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience using GIT or other distributed version control systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills are required
Preferred Skills / Experience
· Hands-on experience with test-driven development (TDD) and CI/CD.
- Worked with highly scalable, distributed, micro-services based applications.
- Experience with AMQP Messaging (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc)
- Strong experience with profiling and performance optimization.
- Experience with Webpack a plus.
- Experience with secure web application architecture and remediating security issues, as appropriate.
- Prior hands-on experience with Spring Boot and Spring Security is strongly preferred.
- Strong Linux experience preferred.