MercuryGate is seeking a DevOPS Engineer for our HQ in Cary, NC, on the Regency Park campus. As a DevOPS Engineer, you will apply modern DevOPS and SRE techniques managing deployments of a large-scale, distributed, SaaS application across multiple on-prem and cloud infrastructure stacks. You are well-versed in many automation technologies and welcome new tools and frameworks. The role will strike a good balance between operating the current deployment toolchain and practical adoption of new areas such as containers and native cloud deployments with security focus.
- Work closely with Developers, Engineers, and Architects to develop and maintain highly scalable DevOps automation framework, technologies and feedback tools
- Create automated solutions for application build, test, QA, deployments, and monitoring
- Working with development team leads, engineering, and technology to incorporate application needs and corporate policies
- Assist with production performance, defect, security investigations as needed
- Coordinate with Operations to deploy and maintain security updates and patching
- Responsible for code and application scanning at pre-identified checkpoints during the release process
- Review results of nightly security scans and advise the development teams areas to remedy
- 3+ years of DevOPS experience
- Deep understanding of operating production services, importance of monitoring as well as best practices for rolling out frequent production updates with customer impact and value in mind
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven and Ansible
- Experience with Git, Git workflows, and common git server products such as BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab, etc.
- Self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Deep understanding of modern web architectures and cloud platforms
- Good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices and processes
- Experience supporting common open-source application stacks (web services, big data, and Machine Learning)
- Proficiency in writing scripts for maintenance and automation in a variety of languages (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Experience with common configuration management tools (Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Familiarity with JIRA/Confluence or equivalent tools
- Strong Linux experience
- Knowledge of identity and access services and protocols
Nice to have
- Hands on experience as a Linux administrator (RHEL 7 Linux)
- Previous software development experience in Java
- Demonstrable proficiency in managing container software stacks and architectures
- Automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications ideally with hands-on experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
- Able to write penetration testing scripts (BurpSuite or similar)
- Supported ISO and/or SOC audits
MercuryGate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications and business need.