MercuryGate provides powerful transportation management solutions proven to be a competitive advantage for today’s most successful shippers, 3PLs, freight forwarders, brokers and carriers. MercuryGate’s solutions are unique in their native support of all modes of transportation on a single platform including Parcel, LTL, Truckload, Air, Ocean, Rail, and Intermodal. Through the continued release of innovative, results-driven technology and a commitment to making customers successful, MercuryGate delivers exceptional value for TMS users through improved productivity and operational efficiency. MercuryGate offers business intelligence to improve transportation processes, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce costs with its adaptable, comprehensive transportation solutions suite.
We are hiring a Sr Database Administrator to join our HQ in Cary, N.C.. The Sr. DBA is responsible for the administration of databases in a mission-critical, 24/7 SaaS environment encompassing 100s of Oracle databases. Support systems include MercuryGate’s SaaS products across production, development, test, and disaster recovery environments. The Sr DBA will follow technical direction from the Director of Engineering and dependably execute operational responsibilities. Deploy and manage mission critical databases. Provide 24/7 on-call database operational support on rotation across the DBA team as well as direction and management for second shift resources. Deploy strategies for backups, migration of database changes, automation, configuration management, and longer term system growth. Identify and resolve issues proactively using various monitoring tools. Effectively define and follow change management guidelines for all the changes made to the production and pre-production databases.
Working Schedule: 5:00 pm - 2:00 am EST Sunday- Thursday
***West Coast Remote Options Available***
- Develops new processes, utilizes and refines existing processes for database software installation and configuration.
- Adheres to database standards environment standards and recommends changes
- Proactively develops and improves processes for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, preventing customer impact.
- Reviews performance statistics and alerts, recommending changes for tuning databases, servers, and storage configurations, as well as application SQL.
- Participates in periodic readiness testing including, testing restores to ensure database backup mechanisms are reliable.
- Develops new backup, recovery, upgrade and migrations processes that leverage new techniques and technology helping to increase efficiency, scalability and up-time.
- Assumes ownership of database related issues; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Develops a strategy for migrating to new releases of Oracle and installing oracle patches.
- Coordinates interaction with customers in critical database problem situations.
- Provides 2nd shift support an oversite from 5pm to 2am Eastern Time, as well as providing Subject Matter Expert support to the on call DBA as needed.
- Learn and stay current on the features and functionality of the latest Oracle versions.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
- Build and maintain Disaster Recovery implementations
- Learn and experiment with new database technologies that will extend MercuryGate’s SaaS products (e.g. NoSQL, Cassandra, Hive, MongoDB, Swift, etc.)
Requirements & Qualifications
- Eight years or more of hands on experience as an Oracle Database Administrator in a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated Project management skills (certification not necessary but a plus)
- Experience in the following:
- Installing, patching, upgrading Oracle software
- Working with Oracle production databases
- Managing DataGuard
- Manager Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks within Oracle
- Performance Tuning
- Defining change management procedures
MercuryGate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications and business need.