MercuryGate provides powerful transportation management solutions proven to be a competitive advantage for today’s most successful shippers, 3PLs, freight forwarders, brokers and carriers. MercuryGate’s solutions are unique in their native support of all modes of transportation on a single platform including Parcel, LTL, Truckload, Air, Ocean, Rail, and Intermodal. Through the continued release of innovative, results-driven technology and a commitment to making customers successful, MercuryGate delivers exceptional value for TMS users through improved productivity and operational efficiency. MercuryGate offers business intelligence to improve transportation processes, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce costs with its adaptable, comprehensive transportation solutions suite.
In August 2018, MercuryGate was purchased by Summit Partners, a leading growth stage equity investor, to help accelerate company growth and better enable its ability to scale.
Are you ready to work in a fun, fast-paced and energetic environment that challenges you and rewards you for innovation, insights, creativity and initiative? If so, join the MercuryGate team of champions by applying for our Senior Account Executive opportunity today
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for strategizing, prospecting, qualifying and then executing complex sales processes resulting in new logo business bookings for MercuryGate. Senior Account Executives generate new business opportunities through a combination of warm leads that have been developed, prospecting into their existing industry contacts, networking at industry conferences and other methods, leading to the effective execution of sales strategies that transform into new business. You will leverage your extensive expertise in transportation management into the industries customers that we serve.
What you will be doing:
- Building qualified pipeline, developing sales strategies, then pursuing opportunities by utilizing the company’s sales processes and methodology
- Accountable for achieving bookings plan for all new software business
- Coordinating all internal resources and external sales activities required to move opportunities from lead qualification to closure
- Includes, but is not limited to, pipeline building, prospect qualification, completion of RFX(s), developing prospect organizational maps and influence maps, developing coaches and champions within the account, developing solution maps, coordinating functional and technical proofs including product demonstration preparation and presentations, proposal preparations, coordinating implementation presentations and pricing, contract negotiations, and other duties as required
- Discovering and solving real world problems for transportation and logistics professionals and business leaders in new and dynamic ways that leverage your insight selling skills.
- Representing the MercuryGate brand and MercuryGate’s core values of “Extreme Ownership-Empowerment-Excellence” by presenting yourself in a highly professional and competent manner which embodies the core of what MercuryGate is to its prospects and customers.
- Traveling 50% to 70% to meet with prospects and develop critical relationships that are needed to succeed in sales
- Develops and executes specific prospect short, medium and long term account strategies and tactical penetration plans for Tier 1 prospects
- Develops compelling value propositions based on ROI cost/benefit analysis
- Executes against the major steps of the sales process: find new business opportunities, qualify opportunities and close new business
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate internal resources to engage in sales cycles, including Solutions Consulting capability for identified opportunities
- Identifies business plan and strategy, key decision makers, key performance indicators, and budget constraints
- Maintains an accurate, comprehensive and updated software sales forecast in CRM
- Manages interactions with the prospect during all phases of the sales cycle
- Serves as a resource for garnering strategic insights including current state of business, additional business opportunities, and challenges faced by the prospect
Qualifications – Who you must be:
- Must be passionate and have a proven track record of consistently exceeding your quota performance.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to think out-of-the-box and establish credibility with your target audience quickly by demonstrating discipline, industry knowledge, creativity and quality of work.
- Must be fearless and willing to take on and own challenges while constantly learning and pushing yourself to further advance your consultative selling skills.
- Enjoy sharing your ideas and working collaboratively and closely with your team of peers so that you can mentor them by leading by example.
Minimum Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS preferred)
- Consistent record of quota achievement and President’s club attendance
- At least 10 years of professional software sales experience, preference towards SaaS sales
- AT least 5 years of professional sales experience selling a transportation planning and execution system to Fortune 1000 companies. Experience selling competitive TMS solutions such as Oracle OTM, JDA TMS, BlueJay Solutions, TMW, 3GTMS and others.
- Experience with CRM systems such as SalesForce.com, SugarCRM, Siebel Systems, MS Dynamics CRM, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience leveraging proven sales methodologies such as Challenger Sales, Miller Heiman Strategic Selling, Norman & Associates Breaking Competitive Accounts (BCA), Targeted Account Selling, Value Selling Framework, Sandler Selling System, MEDDIC, etc.
- Demonstrated high degree of integrity, diligence and accountability with respective results
- Accustomed to traveling extensively and working beyond the typical 40 hour work weeks
MercuryGate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications and business need.