Mendel, headquartered in San Jose, CA is a venture backed artificial intelligence startup focused on reimagining the future of oncology research. We are working on groundbreaking technology leading to new ways of classification. By unlocking data from scanned and paper documents, our AI achieves results in minutes versus months, resulting in life saving treatments offered to more patients backed by our clinical review team.
Mendel’s culture fosters inclusivity and innovation. While reimagining the future of oncology research, we interact together in an open, constructive, and collaborative fashion. We aim to work hard, build fast, and learn quickly from our mistakes.
We are looking for a skilled IT specialist to undertake tasks of network development and maintenance. You will be responsible for designing the network in ways that optimize its performance and making sure of ultimate privacy and security at the same time.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable private and secure network to ensure the unobtrusive operation of business.
· Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
· Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
· Implement security and privacy measures to protect sensitive data and keep maintaining these security measures.
· Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
· Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
· Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
· Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
· Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
· Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
· 3 - 5 years of experience
· Proven experience as network technician or relevant position
· Know how to implement security measures on the whole network and computers.
· Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
· Hands-on experience with common software and hardware and Windows Domain server.
· CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
· BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
Perks & Benefits
· Team outings & annual company trip
· Casual office dress code
· Unlimited snacks
· Swag upon your arrival
· Opportunity to travel
· Professional growth