Mendel is looking for a Sales Professional with extensive pharma/CRO experience focused on hunting for new business within the life sciences industry and work to help develop/define the company’s growth strategy.
- Manage the sales cycle end-to-end from lead generation to contract execution. Establish supporting commercial performance metrics. Significant focus on new sales opportunity generation and outbound activity, including selling directly to C-suite prospects
- Create hiring processes and procedures for executing sales strategies. Client stakeholder mapping and targeting
- Utilize CRM and other tools to manage the sales funnel and drive optimal conversion rates.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing team to:
- Research, segment, and understand our audiences and how to engage them effectively.
- Measure, track and analyze program effectiveness to determine return on marketing investment and inform budget and resource priorities.
- Research competition and analyze market segments to understand trends and latest news.
- Develop a solid understanding of our platform and provide feedback that will generate market-relevant platform enhancements and future offerings.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships across the Life Sciences value chain.
- Minimum 4-7+ years in demand generation role in B2B software. Preferably with a life sciences, pharma, CRO or clinical research company.
- Experience building, executing, and scaling commercial demand programs. You are an effective networker. A hands-on “cold caller” and a “closer”.
- Domain Experience: Proven ability to sell research, database services and related products to various teams in life science companies
- You have a track record of consistently achieving or exceeding sales goals.
- Self-directed, able to create a plan, prioritize initiatives, execute independently and in collaboration with others, to agreed deadlines.
- An experimental and creative mindset, you relish the opportunity to try new things and measure what works and what doesn’t so that mistakes become learning opportunities.
- You’ve mastered CRM tools including Salesforce. You are proficient in Powerpoint and Excel or other tracking/project management solutions.
- High-energy, outgoing, can-do personality, ability to prioritize and triage real-time demands with multiple project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of the Clinical Trial Process including feasibility, clinical trial matching, Development through Site and Patient ID
- Track Record of Success: Consistently achieved or exceeded established quotas
- Relationship Development: Enterprise-level experience in selling and up-selling to Fortune 500 companies in the life science sector
- Communication: Strong communication and presentation skills, with internal teams, prospects, and partners.
- Strategic: Able to contribute to strategic plans, negotiate contracts, develop new strategic partnerships and work to strengthen relationships with existing customers.
- BS/BA or higher
- 4-7+ years of business development experience in the life sciences industry focusing on data analytics or relevant services
Perks & Benefits
Team outings & annual company trip
Free access to gym located in our building
Casual office dress code
Swag upon your arrival
Opportunity to travel