Who We Are
Maestro is in need of a contract instructional designer for a variety of upcoming projects. We’re looking for the right combination of talent, chemistry, character, and passion.
At Maestro, we are a group of high performers with a desire to never stop growing. Our aim is delivering high quality digital experiences for our clients that exceeds their expectations. We love working with people who are talented, curious, passionate and that above all else take ownership in everything they do.
Who You Are
Writing: it’s your one true love. You’re a detailed-oriented individual with exceptional writing and editing skills. You don’t just know your way around a sentence, though; you have a keen understanding of how to adapt your writing voice according to project needs. Obviously, you’re a great communicator, but you’re also capable of (and comfortable with) presenting and explaining work to both coworkers and clients in a clear manner. When it comes to your work, you’re willing to learn and follow strict formatting guidelines to help apply instructional design strategies to course material. Organization is a strength of yours and you’re a pro with desktop publishing software such as Google Docs and Microsoft Office. And, you’re not just happy to work in a collaborative team environment—you thrive in one. You’ll be offered assignments on a project-by-project basis, and we’ll know that we can call on you because you’re excited to help Maestro with our immediate project needs.
What You’ll Be Doing on the Content Team
- Brainstorm with project team to determine design and project strategy, including designing the foundation, storyboard, and scripts for the solution
- Collaborate with other creative roles to concept learning solutions
- Research a variety of source materials such as marketing brochures, standard operating procedures, and client feedback to inform instructional content
- Develop solution outlines, storyboards, and scripts
- Review and edit ID materials at designated milestones
- Ensure project milestones and measurements are being met
- Work directly with clients and subject matter experts throughout projects
Talents We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree (or greater) in instructional design, business communication, journalism, editing, or similar
- Advanced desktop publishing skills
- Prior agency experience is a plus
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of various writing style guidelines, such as AMA, AP, and Chicago
- Bonus if you have a background in writing about technical concepts such as finance, law, or medical
- Hourly rate depends on experience and talent level
- As a contractor, there would be the potential of additional work in the future
We Believe in an Inclusive Environment
Maestro is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.