Points, personas, prototyping, and problem solving.
These are the things that keep you awake at night (and sometimes put you asleep during the day). You see design as both the source and the solution to many of life’s problems, and it sits squarely at the intersection of humans, technology, and business constraints. You value a clean, cohesive, and consistent feel across different touch points with different audiences, and you always start with understanding the why before defining the how and executing the what. You understand how to balance information hierarchy, variable screen size, and latency issues, and your secret weapons include Post-Its, a Sharpie, and a deep capacity for empathy.
What does success look like?
- Fearlessness and curiosity in understanding the problems of complex medical systems, paired with a human-centered approach to developing services to make things better for patients and doctors
- Strength in creating and upholding design principles throughout the company and product, paired with humility in your own work
- Hands-on execution of design process from user research to prototyping to release to tracking metrics and iterating
Why you will succeed:
- Fluent in one or more tools: Sketch, Illustrator, XD, Photoshop, etc.
- Obsessive attention to even the smallest of details
- Experience with multi-platform responsive web design
- Able to analyze, optimize, and simplify workflows