User Experience (UX) works behind the scenes to explore the best way for users to interact with web sites and mobile devices. From user testing, prototyping, wireframes, sketches, to site maps and content inventories, UX is involved.
MCD Partners, a member of M&C Saatchi Worldwide, is looking for a User Experience Lead, with strong conceptual skills, and a keen eye for details. This is a senior-level position, and extensive experience in leading user interaction design is a must.
- You will be the primary face of User Experience for our company in the Chicago office, a thought leader.
- Work closely with clients to help them build great websites. Understand them better than they understand themselves.
- This position will require 2 days a week of on-site work with one of our clients in Riverwoods, IL. This helps us to be a better partner for their business, and gives an opportunity for us to show our thought leadership.
- Create wires, site maps, user flows, plus managing other UX designers to ensure that all work going out for your clients is consistently great.
- Prepare and run collaborative workshops like Design Studios and brainstorming sessions
- Conduct research through user research, stakeholder interviews, market research, web analytics, observation, surveys, etc.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends, and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve usability, and website functionality
- Participate in the recruitment process to help build the UX team
- Help develop ongoing training programs to develop the skills of the whole team
- Mentor junior UX team members; challenging and motivating them
- At least 5 years relevant experience is a must, prior interactive agency environment is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas preferred: Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Computer Science
- Previous experience with creating complex, user-centric websites required; experience in or knowledge of website development or coding, preferred
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design
- Prior experience leading a team of User Experience/Information Architects
- Strong knowledge of wireframing, and user-centric design best practices is required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, emails or faxes please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries please. MCD Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.