A talented and self-driven individual able to develop Excel and Access macros in VBA and VB.Net. The individual will work in IT Global Macro Automation Services team and with the business units in EMEA region to ensure that the solutions developed meet the business needs as well as follow development and Corporate Information Security standards. The individual will be required to manage and provide estimates for requests in the development queue and perform tests on the solutions built. Having some prior experience with SQL Server and Web Application is a plus to support the GMAS Portal. An individual with a positive attitude to learn new development standards and skills is a key to this position.
- Develop small applications in Microsoft Office suite using VBA or VB.Net.
- Perform best practices of application development e.g. apply clean code approach, limit future support and development needs, promote/enhance existing tools.
- Perform Project Analysis of requirements received for each development effort.
- Maintain each development cycle stage to ensure timely delivery of application (e.g. UAT, SQA).
- Perform best practices to obtain data elements from company systems.
- Provide operating support of developed applications.
- Actively work with team members to ensure best practices are being applied.
- Continually review and redefine development processes e.g. learn new methods.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with IT and Business contacts globally.
- 5-plus years’ experience in VBA development in Microsoft Office environment.
- Practical SQL knowledge.
- Experience with VB.NET or C# will be an asset.
- Experience with GIT version control will be a plus.
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Familiarity of Agile development methods
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Very good English
- Working hours: Flexible, Possible part time remote work.