Maxima Europe is looking to hire an experienced Database Administrator to join our growing team in Brussels, Belgium. This is a unique opportunity to join a team of specialists for one of the largest and most recognizable brands in the financial sector in Europe.
The mission of this team is among other things to maintain our Oracle environment (about 650 Oracle instances), ensure data integrity and a high level of availability and provide support to developers.
- Performance and tuning of Oracle databases.
- Ensure data integrity and maintain a high level of systems availability.
- Maintain multiple Oracle databases and related products, following reference architecture and standards.
- Develop scripts, while providing documentation and procedures.
- Provide support to developers.
- At least 3 years of experience in Unix or Linux environment.
- Professional experience of at least 5 years.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle databases 11gR2, 12cR1 or other apps related to Oracle (f.e. SAP)/ for ORMB.
- Expert in performance and tuning.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Knowledge of Quest TOAD.
- Experience with PL/SQL.
- OS maintenance scripts and administration tools
- Team player
- Customer oriented
- Communicative (with team members and with other colleagues, our clients & other partners).
- AIX server administration knowledge
- Practical experience in Agile Way Of Working
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL is an added value.
- Experience with working in a complex organization.
- Experience in the banking sector.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Fluent in Dutch or French both written and spoken
Bachelor/Master in Computer Sciences(or equivalent by experience)
We offer competitive salaries, a great working environment with room to grow and Occasional business travel.
- Private Health Care
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday Allowance / Vakantiegeld
- 24 days PTO